New to Camper Livin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camper Livin

Hi,
I'd like to introduce myself- I'm Rachel from VA/MA/DE, currently residing in my Sunline Starray 1990 camper in my (good) friend's backyard. This is my current campsite, complete with all hook-ups (except sewage disposal- bummer).
This is my first time staying in a camper, period- much less staying in a camper that I own, and in the winter. But I'm excited for this opportunity to live alone, save money, and be mobile at the same time. And I really love this cute camper!
I'm especially excited about this new lifestyle because I just bought a diesel truck that runs on veggie oil- so I'm looking forward to practically free trips around the country in my mobile home! If anyone has any questions about using veggie fuel, please ask- one day I hope everyone will travel for free using it.
In the spring, I plan to install solar panels and eventually run all my electric needs off the sun. If anyone has an interest or knowhow in this topic, I'd love to dialogue!
I'm sure I've got a lot to learn about campers, so I'm really appreciative for this forum!
Thanks,
Rachel

Rachel,

A belated welcome to the RV Forum. Apologies, looks like several of us missed your introductory message.

Please feel free to look around and let us know if we can answer any questions.

Rachel,

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. Thanks for joining us.

Yes, welcome Rachel!
There is another person on the forum that is using vegetable oil too, and he processes it himself. Do you do the same? I get this picture in my mind about all the Burger Kings and McDonalds  putting in separate drive-thru lanes for those that want to fill 'er up, and you being asked "Would you like fries with your oil?" ;D 

Alright, another Veggie user!

Are you a member of the Biodiesel.infopop forums?  I've been trying to either trade my RV for a diesel, or convert it with a Mercedes Diesel.

Welcome.  I would love to read the exploits of someone driving cross-country on Veggie.

How hard is it to find places to fill up on veggie oil when you're traveling? Sure would be nice if you could stop at any McD or BK.

Back
Top Bottom