New to Denver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nataliegeoaggie86

HI!

I'm new to Denver and want to get to know CO.

My husband and I have a 31 ft 5th wheel. We travel with our 2 kids - 2 yr old girl and 3 month old boy, and 2 Shelties.

I have 2 questions:

1) Does anyone have any favorite spots to visit in CO?

2) Has anyone had a 5th wheel AND a motorcoach? We are thinking about buying a motorcoach and wonder about the comparisons.

3) Any tips on traveling with an infant and toddler?

Sincerely,
Natalie

nataliegeoaggie86 said:
HI!

I'm new to Denver and want to get to know CO.

My husband and I have a 31 ft 5th wheel. We travel with our 2 kids - 2 yr old girl and 3 month old boy, and 2 Shelties.

I have 2 questions:

1) Does anyone have any favorite spots to visit in CO?

2) Has anyone had a 5th wheel AND a motorcoach? We are thinking about buying a motorcoach and wonder about the comparisons.

3) Any tips on traveling with an infant and toddler?

Sincerely,
Natalie

Locally many CO's stay at the Dokota Ridge Park in Golden to sort of have a close in get away weekend, etc. Farther out is the Tiger Run Resort in Breckenridge CO which is first class and if you like solitude south of Denver about 300  miles is the Mountain Views at Rivers Edge RV Resort in Creede. North of Denver in Ft. Collins is Heron Lake RV Park-    Look at www.rvparkreviews.com for Colorado and you'll get a view of nearly all.

Greetings Natalie from the western side of the state. We live in Cortez, far southwest corner of the state. We spent 7 years in Colorado Springs but don't hold that against us. Pretty much anywhere to the west of you is great country (sorry if I insulted the eastern third of Colorado). Anywhere in the mountains is incredible. Rocky Mountain National Park is not to be missed. Up the hill from Colorado Springs you have Pikes Peak, Cripple Creek, and Florissant National Monument. Far west side of the state has Grand Junction, Dinosaur National Monument, Colorado National Monument and more. Plus you get to see the continental divide, Vail and the glories of the mountains in between. Middle of the southern part of the state has the Great Sand Dunes (really amazine and kids love hiking there) as well as an alligator farm (yes, alligators above a mile high), and a really cool wildlife area where the Whooping Cranes come in the fall and spring. Down here in our southwest corner is Mesa Verde National Park (ancient ruins...used to be called Anasazi but not more politically correct to call them "ancestral Puebloans"), the San Juan Mountains (my favorite), the Silverton-Durango Railroad, Ouray, Telluride, Silverton, and tons of campgrounds and hiking trails in the forest service areas. Too much to do, too many sites to enjoy in our Rocky Mountain State.

Can you tell I'm a bit prejudiced in favor of Colorado? Scenery-wise as opposed to political-wise.

Enjoy living and traveling in one of the prettiest states in the union.

Back
Top Bottom