New to Forum Just Closed the Deal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yellinatwins

Hi,

New to the forum have been luking for a while now.? My wife and i just closed the deal on a new Salem LE 27BHSS.? We actually had our hearts seton this same unit back in October had all the financing in place and the dealer called and asked us to come in and sign the deal, since they were flooded with calls from FEMA for TT's.? Thats where this gets a little interesting.? The dealer let us know that FEMA needed all the travel trailers they had on the lot.? We of course asked if that included ours, they replied no but if you are willing to wait FEMA would like to purchase your TT also.? My wife and i could not justify buying the one in october because it was the end of the season and it would just sit over the winter, so we let the unit go.?

To our benifit the TT which we are awaiting has several additional options on the unit compaired to the original and the dealer honored our original deal which was out the door for $17,400.00 which included 1000 lb springs for our truck, brake controller, and weight distributing hitch with sway control.? The unit is loaded with just about every option avalable except for the outdoor grill which i did not care for any ways.

So now we just need to play the waiting game for the unit to arrive 3 -4 Weeks since the unit was already in production.

Look forward to hearing your comments on the deal and if anyone else has experienced this with FEMA. ::)

Regards,

Tom ::)

Tom

Administrator
Congratulations on the new purchase. I'd heard that FMEA had snapped up all the production capacity of some trailer manufacturers and the inventory of some dealers.

One advantage you'll have with your situation is that, at resale, the trailer will be on year newer than if you'd bought it in October.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
Welcome to the RV Forum and Congratulations on the new purchase.  I'm sure you will enjoy it.  Sounds like you made out pretty well by waiting.

Top Bottom