new to forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobj2563

hello  I'm bob new guy here not new to the RV have a old RV in camp ground but in about 3 years will be buying new was thinking 5 Th wheel is there a big difference between travel trailer and 5 Th wheel

Hi & welcome,

A 5W is much more stable when towing, especially in crosswinds. Much less likely to sway.  Floor plans tend to be different as well, though there are few floor plans that are possible in one and not in the other.  A 5W lends itself nicely to front bedroom & bath, so many are designed that way.  And obviously the 5W  is a two-level floor plan - their will be a few steps up in the front.

Hi Bob and welcome to the forum, good to have you here.

The ones I have been in have more ceiling height so if you are tall that would be a bonus.  :)

And in a fifth wheel usually the compartment is what they call a pass through. There's a door on each side of the RV and the storage space will be much larger than a trailer. And there is also a front compartment.
I would think twice about buying new. Look for something maybe 3 or 4 years old. The quality of a new RV is usually terrible. You'll have many issues and you'd probably have to have it towed to the dealer and they may keep it for several weeks.
At  least with a used one, the 1st has already been through all off that. There are many out there in like new condition. You just have to shop.

Welcome to the RV Forum Bob

A lot will depend on how you plan to use your RV. Will it be setup in the campground and left there? Or maybe you are wanting to start traveling.

Also you will need a truck big enough to safely handle pulling a 5th wheel. Most 1/2 ton trucks just aren't able to handle the extra weight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom