New to RV and about to buy a toyhauler fifth wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nickandbetsy

Hi we are about to transition from tritoon boat to toyhauler.  Any info and help of what to look for in an RV, things to stay away from, and  advice would be appreciated.  Thank you all in advance! 

gravesdiesel

I have been researching fifth wheel toy haulers for a couple years and the best one I have found for me is the Grand Design 351M but am wanting to set it up with a Cummins/Onan diesel 6000 watt generator instead of the 5500 watt gas unit that is offered for it.  All my toys are diesel, except my two stroke golf carts, plus my tow vehicles are diesel.  I do not want the inconvenience of dealing with gas for the generator when nearly everything I own on the farm is diesel powered.
I want this unit: https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2019/toy-hauler/momentum/floorplans/351m
and this generator: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Cummins-Onan-6-0-HDKAH-1044-Diesel-Generator-RV-QD-6000-Quiet-6kW-/232837680571?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0
Another thing you will need to consider is your tow vehicle.  You will need at least a 3500 for most fifth wheel toy haulers.  I have a new 4500 on order because I like overkill and need it for my farm and business anyway.

jackiemac

Site Team
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Have a look through the Library and Resources sections as they give lots of information relating to purchasing an RV etc.

Let us know if you have any specific questions by posting in the relevant board.

Good luck with your search and please let us know how you get on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeInPI
Top Bottom