New to RV forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rluxt

Hi, folks, just wanted to do the intro thing.

We are RVers in Green Bay, WI. We have a 37' gas coach and tow a Saturn wagon. The rig is in storage now for the winter (we did the drive to Florida once and decided there were too many nuts along the way who didn't realize that you aim these things versus drive them).

I serve as a co-moderator of the Fleetwood forum on Yahoo and actively monitor the Yahoo Bounder forum as well (our rig is actually a Southwind but they are mostly ALL the same under the skin....except for Prevosts and such). I highly recommend both forums for participation and knowledge.

We typically take short trips of up to 5-10 days versus cross country jaunts. This area is just too mice to leave...I would go into water withdrawal sitting in Quartzsite as I have always lived near a Great Lake and sailed on them for many years. Plus the better half raises much h**l if I do not reserve a waterfront site.

As with any coach, ours requires what seems like continual attention but performs well now that I have installed many suspension upgrades (Chev chassis, you know). We get the obligatory 6.5 mpg plus or minus tow 1.5 MPG and wish for falling fuel prices like all others.

We are members of Good Sam and get ALL the junk mail that goes with that and we are members of FMCA and the local Badger group (great group, great rallies!).

Rich & Cathy Luxton and Muffin & Annikki (Shih Tzus)

Hi Rich & Cathy, welcome to our forum. Look forward to you participating here and sharing some of your knowledge and experience.

Be sure to let us know if we can answer any questions.

:)
Thanks, Tom, I will likely lurk for a while. I also need time to do other things....such as what the wife wants.

Rich

Hi Rich and Cathy

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. Thanks for joining us.

Hi Rich and welcome aboard.

What year is your Southwind?  The 6.5 mpg seems low, though at 37 feet it is probably on the heavy side. We had a 96 3 footer with a tag axle on a Ford and it got around 7 mpg towing a Tracker. Then we had a 2002 Dolphin that got around 7.3 mpg overall (including the toad) - that was a Workhorse W22 with 8.1L engine. Hill or dale, hot or cold, that rig delivered 7.3 mpg unless it was a 400 mile downhill run.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom