New to RV?ing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

McFly Angler

So my wife decided to start travel nursing.  And we bought a C class RV to be able to easily move around from job to job for her.  I work from home, so this seems like a good deal for us.  My wife can make almost double the money travel nursing than full time as a permanent.  We have 2 kids, a 5yo and a 1yo, so this will be trying.  Already ran into a few obstacles since our RV is not new, but luckily we have figured it out. 

Welcome to the RV Forum McFly Angler

Feel free to post question concerning problems that come up with the RV and/or the RV life.

Make sure the "Wife" understands to only accept jobs where the weather is nice..

" Already ran into a few obstacles since our RV is not new, but luckily we have figured it out"

Let tell you a new one can be worse than a used one.

Glad to hear you guys are able to travel and see more of the country. It's a good way to do it.

Welcome to your new RVing life and the RV Forum.  You might find our Fulltiming board of interest because other young families are doing the same thing.  In fact, I believe some other traveling nurses have joined the forum, although I don't know if any are active.

ArdaF

I am also going to be new to RVing. I am going to be working as a travel SLP! So basically the same concept as travel nursing except with being an SLP instead. I am SO excited. The extra money you can make as a traveler is unreal. That is a huge part of why my husband and I decided to take the jump! We don't have kids, so I am sure that will have its own challenges. But they will get so many great experiences and get to go to so many different places in the country. I'll be excited to tune into your guys's journey as a fellow travel healthcare professional. Good luck with everything!

Hey everyone, thanks for the warm welcome.  Yeah we are excited about this...  to be honest, maybe a little nervous, but mostly excited.  Been 2 weeks now in the RV, and while we have been frustrated at times, for the most part we are enjoying it. 

Back
Top Bottom