New to RV World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RickN

Well, not sure if I have been on here or not, but it required me to reset my password, so I guess I have. Dang, I'm older than I thought. And I am 70 years old, and still working as a Real Estate Appraiser. Wife is retired and is now my assistant. Lucky to have good income still and good health!
My wife and I are contemplating purchasing a used motor home, and looking for information sources. I have been researching on line, looking at a few here and there, and have found one I kinda like.

Actually found 2 I like, not very similar, but liked them for different reasons. A Thor that only had 6,000 miles on it. Owner passed away and family was selling it. Only 3 years old, so kinda new. They were asking $70K, but sold it before I could see what the financing would run.
So, second home, is a diesel pusher, and as a truck driver in a past life, I like diesels. Still drive a Duramax/Allison Chevy.
This is an Alfa, Cat/Allison package. 2005 with $50,000 miles for apx $45K. Has had some remodeling, by the owner, and seems to be in good shape.
Trying to find as much info out about Alfa's as possible, before I decide to pull the trigger. Any thoughts from you folks that are way more experienced than me??
Thanks,
RickN

Well, not sure if I have been on here or not, but it required me to reset my password, so I guess I have.
Welcome! But you joined on Aug 31, 2013.

It's difficult to decide what others want in an RV. It's difficult enough to decide what I want! But I knew what I wanted when I saw it, as you can see here. That doesn't mean others will like it as much.

-Don- Reno, NV

Welcome back to the Forum. Members on this Forum often say that the first consideration is the floor plan. Find a floor plan that meets your needs and wants. Second is condition for a used RV, especially an older one. If you find both, you're golden. Please keep us informed when you make a decision.

Hey Rick, welcome back to the RV Forum.

You're not old!

I think your experience as a Real Estate Appraiser will help you in selecting an RV.

IBTripping gave you some excellent advice.

Hoping to see a lot more from you on the RV Forum. Great people and awesome advice.

Back
Top Bottom