new to rv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Chelo,

Welcome to the friendliest forum in cyberspace! Please ask any questions you might have. Someone is bound to give you the answers.

Welcome to the RV Forum Glad you found us.  We get to Dallas every year.  Our youngest son and his family live in Trophy Club. 

Howdy, Chelo.
Welcome to the RV Forum! Our son and Grandson live in Fort Worth and we lived in Arlington for years.

Don't hesitate to ask questions as we have a lot of info available on this website.

Regards,
Liz

Welcome Chelo!

We were new last year, so don't be bashful.  This is a great family!  Lots of good forum rallies too!  The newest person always gets the full hookup at the Quartzsite rally each year so you may want to put yourself in the running for that.  I got the full hookup at this year's QZ rally and was the envy of everyone on the desert.  We even saw cars go by and stop and back up to give a second look as they did not believe their eyes!  ;D

The rallies are terrific, the friends wonderful, and lots of great technical assistance can be obtained right here.  These are people you can trust.

True Smoky, but everyone was trying to steal utilities off of you.  But NO Way, you kept them all for yourself, and left the rest of us desert rats to fend for ourselves.

Hi Chelo,

Welcome to the group, a friendly bunch of folks with a lot of knowledge.

And Smoky, you got the hookup site but you never plugged in  !!!!

No Smoky was plugged in for a while.  When the newly weds arrived Smoky gave up the Full Hookups to them. 

Last year Tom went and made special arringements for Smoky to have the full hookup site and now Smoky is trying to give them away again this year.  Will I ever get to use them again?? ??? ??? ??? ;D ;)

What do newlyweds need with full hookups????

Maybe we could use it in Moab the days we're in the field?? :D

wendycoke said:
What do newlyweds need with full hookups????

Maybe we could use it in Moab the days we're in the field?? :D

Smoky is just a nice guy and thought it was a good thing to do.

Chet used them while they were in the field at Moab.  It could probably be arranged. ;D ;)

==Hi, we are a fam. of 4 new to rving from the DFW area==

Well, Hello,,, My wife and I have downsized to a family of 2 + 2 cats and soon hope to  be full timing

Now.... How friendly is this forum... Be in Quartzsite AZ mid January and we'll show you :)

Thanks for all the nice replies, Ron we live in Keller. We just purchase our rv today. We got a Fletwood 18' TT. Looking forward to take it out in the next week or so. Any recommendations to go for our first trip.

Chelo,

Any recommendations to go for our first trip.

Anywhere close to a Wal-Mart and a dumpster ;D ;D  Typically, people new to rv'ing will pack many things that aren't necessary and forget some things that truly are.

Any of the State or regional parks would be good for your first time. Don't try to pack too much travelling into your first outing; rather spend the time getting to know your rig, becoming comfortable with it, and just plain enjoying a new way of life and leisure.

I would suggest you spend a few hours in a deserted parking lot and practice backing up into an imaginary campsite; use the painted lines to simulate a parking spot.

Most importantly, HAVE FUN! :D

Thank you, I will take your sugestions. Hopefully the weather will improve by next wknd. It's going to dip into the 30's tonight here in the dfw area. :'(

Back
Top Bottom