New to RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rrgcpl

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences.  We are a family of 6 just starting to look for a 5th wheel RV.  With all the brands out there we are not sure which ones are a good investment.  We plan on living in it for several months out of the year.  Let me know what you would rec.  Our budget is flexible.

Thank you

I can't help on specific model suggestions as that will depend on your needs.  But don't consider any RV as an investment in financial terms.  They are all depreciating assets, the only return you get is the enjoyment of using it.

I agree with Ned, that these days no RV is an investment.  Back in the 70's I had an Airstream I sold for more than I paid, but that was then and this is now.  Airstreams are not what they were, they would not accommodate a family of 6 and the RV market is different.

Find very large dealers with lots of inventory so you can visit various brands and floor plans.

With your size family, you may find one of the models of fifth wheels with a closed in rear section convenient.

Have you considered what you might use as a tow vehicle?

I'll add my voice to those who caution that "investment" and "RV" do not belong in the same sentence.

As for good brands, choose the higher-priced ones - it will be worth it.  The constructions and materials will be superior to the lower priced units, which are only intended for "vacation" use, generally considered to be 30 days/year max.  "Snowbird" and "fulltimer" qulaity rigs are designed with much heavier usage in mind.  Some brands build the quality into their higher priced models while others do it pretty much across the baord.

Fulltimers tend to choose these brands:
Presidential by Holiday Rambler
Travel Supreme
New horizons
Teton
Carriage &  Carri-lite by Carriage
Royals International by Carriage
Torrey pine and Kountry Aire by Newmar
Alfa
Alpenlite by Western RV

Other popular brands among those who travel extensively include Cardinal, Jayco Legacy, Montana, Golden Falcon , Arctic Fox & Nash,  & Titanium. 

Unfortunately, I cannot say that you shoud pick only from this list, nor that every model of the brands on this list are excellent.  And there are  quality brands that are regional in nature and tend to be unknown at the national level, bu are still fine RVs.

Go to large Rv dealers and Rv shows. Find some brands and models and floor plans that appear to be be suitable for your needs. Then come back here and ask about those specific makes/models and we will try to help guide you.

We found a keystone everest 340B that has a fairly good layout.  What do you think about the quality of keystone?

Depending on the age and size of your family Crossroads has a 30ft Quad Bunk layout with a double slide in their Cruiser line.We just bought a new 32 Cruiser and have been happy with the quality and value it is a 32BL which has 3 slides with 2 bedrooms.You can look at these at www.crossroadsrv.com Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom