New to RVing! 32' Southwind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rgramjet

Hello All!
I just got a 1992 Fleetwood Southwind.  Has 35k miles and the interior is immaculate.  The exterior needs a good wash and Im in business!  I've driven a Winnebago 24 a few times with no problems.  Any tips, suggestions or comments would be appreciated.  Im thinking my first "mod" will be a reverse camera.  I am 37 with a wife, 5 year old son and twin 9 moth olds.

Welcome to our forum and congratulations on the Southwind. Fleetwood has been in business for a long time and there are lots of happy Fleetwood owners out there. We had many happy times in our Fleetwood Pace Arrow.

You'll find some useful information by using the Search feature above or by clicking on the Library button. Also, feel free to ask a question.

rgramjet said:
Hello All!
I just got a 1992 Fleetwood Southwind.  Has 35k miles and the interior is immaculate.  The exterior needs a good wash and Im in business!  I've driven a Winnebago 24 a few times with no problems.  Any tips, suggestions or comments would be appreciated.  Im thinking my first "mod" will be a reverse camera.  I am 37 with a wife, 5 year old son and twin 9 moth olds.

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. Thanks for joining us.

A back-up (reverse) camera is a nice feature, but you still want to have somebody back there directing you when you back up. A pair of those FRS "family" radios (walkie talkies) is a good investment and much cheaper/easier than a rear camera. 

The spotter should always stand in view of the driver's sideview mirrors, both to give signals and to avoid being run over (it happens!). Work out the signals & words you will use in advance - you 'd be amazed at how many different ways there are to give directions and hand signals. Whose "left" are we talking about? How much is "a little"?  We use "your (driver's) side" and "my (co-pilot's) side" to for verbal direction and always say "forward" or "back"  "x feet" for movement.  We also find it is best to have the spotter point in the direction he/she wants the rear end of the rig to move rather than trying to tell the driver how to turn the steering wheel. The spotter should say where the rig should end up and leave the actual driving to the driver. You can work out your own signalling scheme, but definitely have one and stick to it.

rgramjet said:
Hello All!

congratulations, we also have a  1996 south wind fleetwood  35 1/2 footer just bought last nov so we are new to this camping thing .but have not tried camping with it but looking forward to do so this summer. hope you have the best times of camping. good luck.

Hi!  We bought a 1993 Southwind in September, and we are loving it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom