New to RVing - any experts on a 2006 Georgie Boy Landau? Specifically accessing the fresh water pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rothkra

We just bought our 2006 Landau, and we have no water pressure when using the freshwater tank. I suspect the pump is either going bad, or the inlet is filled with crud. However, I can't figure out how to access it. I hear the sound of the pump near the water control panel. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!

Does your unit have a bypass valve in the wet bay - that allows you to switch between onboard water vs. water from an external hose? Our pump runs constantly if this is in the wrong position.

Ours has a valve to fill the freshwater tank. When I open it and have the hose connected, I can hear it filling up the tank. I closed it when I finished filling it - should it remain in the "open" position?

Last edited:
If it helps - 99% of my "oh sh**t" problems turned out to be solved by learning about the RV in just the way you did and eliminating the most basic things first. I thought my water pump was toast - turned out to be your same problem. I thought I had an electrical issue with my jacks .. didn't have the RV in park. I thought my electric slide motor was old, tired, and needed replacing ... turned out I needed to add water to my house batteries. I thought my furnace was shot - turned out my house batteries lost their charge because low on water. I thought my hot water heater was toast .. turned out I forgot the switch the bypass valve after winterization. I thought my DW left me .. turned out I accidently left her behind at the rest stop (true story).

Lazy L, that's too funny. Years ago when we moved from California to Arkansas, we had a fairly rebellious 17 year old with us. At one rest stop in Texas, he refused to get back in the truck...until we were about 1/2 way down the entrance ramp back to the freeway.
In the end, a couple of months later, after he turned 18, he conned some druggies he'd met in Arkansas into taking him back to California, and then he ditched them.

To this day, even though it's just my DW and 2 dogs, I count heads before I take off (and yes this is on my check list). I prefer marital bliss to the alternative. I have a great DW .. I'd sort of like to keep her.

I am a bit ADHD. I learned to fly many years ago and appreciated learning about and following checklists (pre-flight, normal flight, emergency, landing). It calmed me down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom