New to the Group

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ptribe

Hello everyone, just thought that I would get my first post out of the way as an introduction...

My wife and I have been daydreaming of the day we can pack up everything and hit the road with no apparent destination or schedule, we both love to travel and are true vagabonds.? I'm in Iraq right now but we're looking to get into the culture once I return, our thoughts were maybe a popup trailer to start??? It will be a few years before we can hit the road for good but we can use that time to get some lessons learned.? Looking forward to being part of the group and we'll see you all on the road!

-Sean

Welcome to the RV Forum.  This is the place to get answers to any questions you have relating to the RVing lifestyle.  Please join in on any of the ongoing discussions or start new discussions.

Hi Sean,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you get out of Iraq soon!!!

This is the place to learn about the RVing lifestyle. We have been full timing for 9 years. The enjoyment does not wear off! Starting out with a smaller rig is a great idea. You'll soon learn if you really want to do it and it won't cost a lot of money. We had a popup when the kids were small and did weekend trips to local campgrounds and a couple of vacation trips a little further away. Then we did nothing until we purchased our first motor home in '95. I hope I can keep doing this for many more years.

Ask any questions you might have and someone will be happy to answer them. Lots of experience here that will help a lot.

Thanks Ron and Jim,

I have been reading through most all of the posts here and it truly is a wealth of information!  Everyone has been great and it seems that the majority have the same idea that a popup is a great place to start so I am looking forward to shopping around when I get home.  Thanks for all of the help and ideas to get us going.

-Sean

Welcome to RVForum.net!

A pop-up trailer is indeed an excellent way to start and many of us here have done so.  Pop-ups can be simplistic or quite elegant and are available in a broad range of sizes too.  I would recommend starting with a used one and progressing through a couple of used RVs until you find the type and size that fits your lifestyle and budget.  Once you begin to spend more than an occasional weekend in an RV, you will find your wants and needs change considerably and when you want to trade for that dream rig, you don't want to be saddled with an expensive new trailer that has depreciated severely. Let someone else eat the depreciation!  There are always numerous, late model and excellent condition used rigs available for you to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom