New to the RV Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dverstra

I'm new to the forum but not to RV'ing. We currently have a 36 foot '93 Pace Arrow. Our last child is off to college in 3 weeks  :) and we're getting ready for a trip to Maine to see the fall color.

Hi Dverstra,

Welcome to the forum. Fall colors in New England can be gorgeous but it depends upon the weather. Hope it is good for you. You can also follow the colors south. We used to live in CT, where we're parked at the moment, and we are always a couple of weeks or more behind Maine.

dverstra said:
I'm new to the forum but not to RV'ing. We currently have a 36 foot '93 Pace Arrow. Our last child is off to college in 3 weeks? :) and we're getting ready for a trip to Maine to see the fall color.

Welcome to the RV Forum.  We are glad you found us.  Please join in the ongoing discussions, start new discussions, or ask any questions you might have relating to the RVing lifestyle. Let us know how your trip goes.  We always enjoyed seeing the fall colors in Vermont New Hamshire and Main when we were living in Montreal. What part of the country are you from?

Welcome, Diverstra. We are in Maine right now, workamping at Camden Hills Rv Resort in Rockport/Camden, ME.  We will be leaving after Labor day, though, so may be gone by the time you get up here.

Be sure to try the Maine seafood while you are leaf-peeping!

RV Roamer said:
Welcome, Diverstra. We are in Maine right now, workamping at Camden Hills Rv Resort in Rockport/Camden, ME.  We will be leaving after Labor day, though, so may be gone by the time you get up here.

Be sure to try the Maine seafood while you are leaf-peeping!

Gary,

We now expect to return to CT after the Change of Command so be sure to stop by if you have the time. We'll be leaving for Decatur around the second week of October.

dverstra said:
I'm new to the forum but not to RV'ing. We currently have a 36 foot '93 Pace Arrow. Our last child is off to college in 3 weeks? :) and we're getting ready for a trip to Maine to see the fall color.

Nobody seems to have tumbled to that monster fish you (?) are holding in your avatar picture.? Come on -- what, where, when and how big?? ;D

Gary,

We now expect to return to CT after the Change of Command so be sure to stop by if you have the time. We'll be leaving for Decatur around the second week of October.

OK, Jim.  We haven't given any thought yet to our itinerary, but will see what we can do. 

Carl Lundquist said:
Nobody seems to have tumble that monster fish you (?) are holding in your avatar picture.? Come on -- what, where, when and how big?? ;D

Just nosy
Can somebody explain me the word  " avatar "  I didn't get any wiser when I used an English, London, dictionary

Good  fishing dverstra

It's not quite the dictionary definition, but in the context used here, 'avatar' is an icon or a small photo that represents an individual. It's the small photo below my name in this message.

Tom said:
It's not quite the dictionary definition, but in the context used here, 'avatar' is an icon or a small photo that represents an individual. It's the small photo below my name in this message.

Thanks, Tom
this cleared up more for me than just the fish

Carl Lundquist said:
Nobody seems to have tumbled to that monster fish you (?) are holding in your avatar picture.  Come on -- what, where, when and how big?  ;D

Carl
I finally got back to the forum. I've been running the business while my operations manager was vacationing. The fish in the "avatar" is a muskie. Latin name "Esox humungous" (just kidding). Caught and released June 6, 2005 on the Detroit River in Canadian waters. It was 46 inches in length and 28 lbs. We caught four muskies that day (47, 46, 44, 42). I fished with Kevin Long (www.longcast.com) and used a unique method of fishing for muskies that Jon Bondy and he have been developing. It was a type of jigging with a large plastic bait called th "Bondy Bait" . Gee, where did they come up with that name? What a blast we had that day.In Michigan waters, I could have applied for a Master Angler tag from the state.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom