New Topic - Silverton Colorado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BernerGran

Morning to all,

I truly enjoy all of your stories and tales about your travels. Especially the full timers. Not sure that lifestyle is for us, but do love hearing about it.

Anyway to topic.

My husband just retired at the end of the year and after many years of travel to Silverton for short stays, we are finally in a position to spend the summer in Silverton. Our plan is to book a site for June, July, and August. Because we didn't begin this until early January, our favorite campground has bookings for other events throughout July and therefore cannot accomodate us.

So, we are looking at the Silverton Lakes Camper Park, but cannot find any information on it. Has anyone stayed there, and if so, what is it like? Amenities, etc. We are currently playing phone tag with the owner who isn't in Silverton for the winter, but rather in Florida. It sounds as though he has sites available, and he only takes reservations for a month or more at this stage of the year.

Would appreciate hearing from anyone with knowledge of this park. Silverton has a large group of seasonals who work in town. It covers the cost of their sites, and they have a lovely summer in the mountainis, which is what we plan to do.

Thanks for any info you can help with.

BernerGran

BernerGran said:
So, we are looking at the Silverton Lakes Camper Park, but cannot find any information on it. Has anyone stayed there, and if so, what is it like? Amenities, etc. We are currently playing phone tag with the owner who isn't in Silverton for the winter, but rather in Florida. It sounds as though he has sites available, and he only takes reservations for a month or more at this stage of the year.

BernerGran

I don't have any personal insite, but I think the following will get you some info.

<http://www.coloradodirectory.com/silvertonlakescamp/>

Also try a Google search on Silverton Lakes Camper Park .

Hope that helps,

Howard

If you stay in the Silverton area, be sure to take the Durango and Silverton Railroad ride.  Also choose the open cars as you can see so much better from them. The view is fantastic.  We have done it twice.
Jake

Do take the narrow gauge railroad trip, but we prefer the club car at the rear.  No smoke and sparks and personal drink service :)  It's also the last car so you can get great views and photos from the rear platform.

We've done the Silverton-Durango narrow gauge trip several times. The open cars are great and you get the total experience, including the cinders in your hair and up your nose (if you do the open cars and blow your nose, you are not dying....that's just the cinders). Consider doing the train up and the bus down, you get two totally different perspectives. And the pictures you can take hanging out the open train cars are absolutely incredible, especially on the tight, slow curves, looking down at the river way, way, way below you. It's an awesome experience.

Wendy
p.s. We used to ride for $5 during locals appreciation week !!!

Hi friends, Thanks for your posts

We have a site in Silverton for 3-4 months and my husband has a job in the Old Tyme Photography Shop. We have done the train - bus up and train down, so this year we will be "locals" helping to make the guests in Siilverton happy and comfortable.

Best,

BernerGran

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom