New TV and Cabinet for Dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Dick

Moderator Emeritus
We have been in Junction City, OR at Davis Cabinets getting a new 26" TV installed. Shaun's crew did a great job rebuilding the existing lift and making a new cabinet which is now in operation. I've attached 3 photos of the old TV, new cabinet, and new TV.

At first I was a little disappointed in the shelf we had built on top of the cabinet but it is now growing on me and, with some decoration, should work out just fine. The only drawback at the moment is I lost the spot for my cup holder when driving. ;D

As many of you know Davis Cabinets is a top notch company and worth the time and effort to travel to JC for any cabinet work.

Attachments

• Original TV (Medium).jpg
    Original TV (Medium).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 115
  • New Cabinet.JPG
    New Cabinet.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 110
  • New TV.JPG
    New TV.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 118
Very nice job.  I'm sure you'll find another place for the cup.  Perhaps Pat will hold it for you ::)

Great result Jim. They really do good work. We look forward to our appointment at Davis Cabinets in AUgust.

Hey Jim and Pat,
I think the drawer looks great.  Plus you can get to Moab on time!  See you soon.

Betty

Ned said:
Very nice job.  I'm sure you'll find another place for the cup.  Perhaps Pat will hold it for you ::)

Hi Ned,

Yes, they did another great job. :) I think that's a good idea for Pat to hold my cup. That way it will always be full and ready. ;D

Tom said:
Great result Jim. They really do good work. We look forward to our appointment at Davis Cabinets in AUgust.

Tom,

It's a lot nicer than the original arrangement. I know you'll be happy with your work from Davis.

Betty Brewer said:
Hey Jim and Pat,
I think the drawer looks great.  Plus you can get to Moab on time!  See you soon.

Betty

Hi Betty,

Thanks! We will be on our way to Moab on Monday. Had planned to leave tomorrow but our friends in Salem just returned from two weeks in Hawaii. Guess that's why they didn't return our call last week. :) We'll visit tomorrow and then head east. We're staying at Camp Cummins right now. Had generator oil changed and they said we can stay as long as we want if there's room.

We'll arrive on the 28th. Might spend a night or two in Salt Lake City.

Steve said:
Looks great Jim!  Did they use the original lift motor?

Thanks, Steve. Yes, they modified the original lift motor to fit the new configuration. Took quite a bit of time for that but now they know how to do it. Glad they took it easy on me for the time involved. :)

Ron said:
Looks good Jim.  Like Ned suggested Pat can hold your cup for you. ;D ;D ;D

See you in Moab.

Ron,

I told Pat what Ned had said and she doesn't think much of the idea. Can't imagine why!! ;D

I don't suppose you're headed to Moab via SLC, are you? We're thinking of stopping there for a night or two on the way. Will leave Coburg on Monday.

JIm,

Gee Pat souldn't mind helping the driver by holding his cup. ;D
We are currently in Hurricane, Ut for a couple nights.? Going to explore Snow Canyon area.? The we plan to stop in Green River, Ut and do some off roading on the North side of the freeway. It was South of GR that we found the cold water geyser.? Maybe yoou could meet us in Green River, Ut.

Have a safe trip.

Jim Dick said:
At first I was a little disappointed in the shelf we had built on top of the cabinet but it is now growing on me and, with some decoration, should work out just fine. The only drawback at the moment is I lost the spot for my cup holder when driving. ;D

That is one good looking instalation Jim.

But if you get one of those wide bottom high friction cups it can just rest atop the shelf, no need for a specially dedicated cup holder

DonJordan said:
Great looking job, Jim.  As usual Shawn did a fine job.

Hi Don,

Thanks. I sure like working with Shaun. He spent a lot of time working on the project himself. He did most of the lift modification. Even let me help out. ;D ;D

Jim, when you were at Tom?s and showed me what they were going to do for your new TV, I thought to myself "good luck".  But they did a beautiful job, you will enjoy that.
Robert

John In Detroit said:
Jim Dick said:

That is one good looking instalation Jim.

But if you get one of those wide bottom high friction cups it can just rest atop the shelf, no need for a specially dedicated cup holder

Thanks, John. As I said, Davis Cabinets is the way to go. :)

Those mugs are great as they are made for sea going vessels. :) I use a stainless mug with cover. May have to convert again.

caltex said:
Jim, when you were at Tom?s and showed me what they were going to do for your new TV, I thought to myself "good luck".  But they did a beautiful job, you will enjoy that.
Robert

Hi Robert,

I was sure they would do a great job and they did. Shaun & I had already talked about the installation at the Indio rally so he knew what was ahead. They only question was the rebuilding of the lift mechanism. We just tore it all apart and started over. Now that he knows how to do it the next one should be a lot easier. We do enjoy it much more than the old TV. ;D

Jim Dick said:
The only drawback at the moment is I lost the spot for my cup holder when driving. ;D

Jim,

Ned and I were talking and I've got a good Craftsman Router. I can bring it to Moab and we can make a cup holder for you.? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom