New videos from Dicor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Dicor has added some videos on RV roofing to their "resources" page. The video are "How to Determine Rubber Roof Type" and  "Applying Lap Sealants"

http://www.dicorproducts.com/resources/care/

Thanks, Gary!
That is timely information for me. I watched the videos and will try to identify my roof material using this info.
I recently cleaned my roof with rubber roof cleaner, assuming it is EPDM. After cleaning, I noticed a lot of small "specks", grayish in color. After further inspection, I noticed I could see a fiber webbing through these worn areas.  So, I am now considering re-coating the roof. I have a 2000 Rexhall Aerbus, so I emailed Rexhall to try and confirm just what kind of roof I have so that I can select the right product for the re-coating. I just received a reply that "Rexhall does not use rubber. Only fiberglass". This is very surprising to me, since I had the usual "chalking" that ran off the roof and streaked the sides of the motorhome. I would appreciate any comment you might have.

I thought Rexall used fiberglass roofs too, but if you can see fabric backing, it is EPDM.

Fiberglass roofs are typically painted and thus will chalk after several years. You can wax it for short term relief (use a floor wax) or re-paint it for a longer term solution.

"Rexall" used to be a chain of North American drugstores.  "Rexhall" is the company that makes motorhomes.

Our Rexhall motorhome roof is fiberglass.  If your roof looks like the one in the picture, it too is fiberglass.

Attachments

• P1070481 Compressed.jpg
    P1070481 Compressed.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 45
Sorry about the typo.  Maybe hoozerman has a drugstore? Some of them have rubber roofs...

lol!  No, no drugstore!
Thanks for the pic, Rolf. My roof isn't "tiled" like yours, but I've been doing some looking and I am thinking mine is probably fiberglass and what I am seeing is the underlying fiberglass "webbing" for lack of a better description. I am considering using elastomeric coating at this point. Still researching.
Thanks, guys

If it's fiberglass, it really shouldn't need an elastomeric coating. At worst only a paint job, perhaps with an epoxy. Nor should it be worn in only a dozen years. Wish I could see what you are seeing - any chance of a photo?

Hopefully, the pics are posted here. The first photo shows the worn spots that I am concerned with. This is a sample area. There are lots of these spots all over the roof. The second photo shows a seam between one of the "textured" strips and a smooth strip in the ceiling. I need to determine what kind of maintenance I need to do here as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Staff edit: Fix URL

When I clicked on it, it took me to Photobucket, but not my pics. Apparently, I didn't link my pics correctly. Can you tell me the correct procedure?
Thanks

We can help with the procedures on this site, but your message itself is OK. You need help from Photobucket as to how to get a usable URL for their site.  I'm not familiar with their site myself.

Alternatively, upload a copy of the photo here. You can attach a photo to any message using the Attachments dialog of the full message editor. Just click Reply and then click the word "attachment"  at the lower left edge of the message window.

Back
Top Bottom