New Vision Ultra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

otrider

Hi all,
I'm working on the purchase of a '99 New Vision Ultra and was wondering if there are a lot of them riding around these days.  I heard that they've been discontinued.  Any pros or cons?  Just curious...I love :) the trailer and will buy anyway. 
Thanks
Pam

K-Z makes the New Vision line and they still have one New Vision model - the Sportsman - in their 2007 product line. New Vision Sportster

RV brand and model names come and go all the time, so I wouldn't worry that the Ultra name no longer is in use.  Besides, just about every important subsystem in an RV comes from third party suppliers - fridge, water heater & pump, furnace, a/c, converter/charger, hitch, axles, etc - and they are still around to provide replacement parts.

We have had 3 K-Z products. 95 TT, 97 Ultra, and a 03 Ultra.  We have been yery pleased with all of them. And great service from the factroy.  K-Z has their plants in Shippshewana, In.  For a 99, I would get an extended warrenty. There are still alot of K-Z products on the road now and in the future.

Good LucK
Ejoy
Barb

Thanks? Barb and RV,? Can I get an extended warranty on a used vehicle and one that I purchase from a private owner??? Would be a very good idea.? I just didn't know you could do that.?
I'm planning on having the 5th wheel towed to the dealer that sold the unit originally.? Have them check it out for me.? I am 99% sure it needs new tires also.? I was going to have Kamper City (The Dealer)? put them on unless there is another option.? I know I will probably pay more at KC but who else can do tires on a 30 ft unit?? I could buy Sam's club(wholesale club)? tires cheaper but would I be getting the right ones and then like I wondered, who would I get to put them on.? (Certainly not me! :D)?
Also they said they would walk me through the unit and give me instructions on what I needed to know.? They are also willing to show me how to drive/maneuver/back up this monster.? (looks huge!)? I'm not afraid of straightaways, but the rest of it is a little daunting! :-[
Just wanted to know if this is a reasonable plan or what other options were available to me.? Also? How much should I reimburse the gentleman that will be towing the trailer to the dealer for me.? It will be about two hours round trip  maybe just a little longer.?

Thanks Bunches!
Pam

OHHH OHHH OHHH,  alsmost forgot...

How much is a reasonable amount to expect to pay for the inpsection by Kamper City and should  the fee  be
waived if I purchase tires from them or possibly have them repair the slider or install my hitch?
Thanks again.
Pam :-\

Yes you can buy an extended warranty for a used rig, but don't buy it through a dealer - they make an obscene profit on them. You will do much better with a broker such as Warranty Experts or RV Protection.net

And any tire dealer can replace the tires - just get the same size and load range as what is on there now. Even Walmart can order the tires needed and then install when they come in - usually only a couple days. Some they may even have in stock.  That's all the dealer will do anyway and he might even send it out to a tire shop himself and charge you a premium price for doing it. RV dealers don't stock tires for every make and model either - they buy them elsewhere when needed.  Ask your Sam's if they install tires and if they would do a trailer - some do, some do not.

The tow guy will tell you how much he charges - ask before you hire him. It won't be cheap. He probably charges by the mile but may give you a fixed fee for the round trip once he knows where he will be going.

Barb I did get the New Visions and so far I love it.  I'm getting more comfortable with the various systems and am thinking about updating the furniture but I love the layout and If I can be comfortable with this, anyone can.  The only thing I've found that I'm not crazy about is the opening to the storage compartments.  I actually had to give away a new wet dry shop vac (very small one) cause I couldn't fit it in the basement.  I guess if that is the worst then I'm ok.  Thanks for the feedback.  Ohi by the way, I did get tires at Firestone and they were great on the trip from Florida to Denver. 
Pam

We were happy with K-Z, I hope you'll be too.  Post some pics. 
Code:
I actually had to give away a new wet dry shop vac
.  I have never had a need to carry a shop vac.  Well maybe you'll find another one that will fit.

Enjoy your new rig.

Pam
You need to know where the pics are stored.  Make sure that file is closed.  Click reply, and after typing your message click additional options.  Than click browse.  Scroll thru until you have found where your pic is stored.  If you want to post another one click more attachments.  When your done, continue as usual to post the message.

I think I've got it right. 

Do you have the green and burgundy  interior?

Barb,

You're correct and thanks for explaining that. The procedure, along with numerous others, is also visible any time by clicking the F.A.Q. button above.

Hi Barb. The main reason for directing folks there is that it's a central location that can be updated when things change. But, of course, that relies on me remembering to do the updates  :-[

Barb,

For clarification, the F.A.Q. button is only for tips on how to navigate the forum. Probably a bad choice of label on the button on my part.

FWIW the file is now accessible by clicking the Resources button in the toolbar above and scrolling down to Forum navigation tips

Hey, Ithink I've got it!  I posted one of me in the truckuzzi and one of the "Chocolate Mousse and Whoa"

Yes the interior of the trailer is the burgundy and green.  Not a bad color combination, just getting kinda worn looking.  I'm not in a big hurry but investigating is fun.  I'd like to get a new tv for the bedroom first.  One with a DVD player as both parks I've been in I can only get one TV station.  I have the DVD with surround sound in the living area but would like to be able to stretch out on the bed and watch one as I fall asleep. 

Any suggestions?  I found one at Wall Mart for uner $150 but wasn't sure if it was worth it.

Attachments

• Pam in the Jacuzzi0039.jpg
    Pam in the Jacuzzi0039.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom