New Wannabe in Illinois

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

SeaMoon

Hi, everyone! I am Tai from northern Illinois (38/F). I haven't purchased my RV yet, but I am on a "3-year plan" to free myself of debt and superfluous material possessions in order to obtain this goal. My new theme song is "Movin' On" by Rascal Flatts.

In a nutshell, my 15 yr old daughter has decided to relocate to Minnesota with her father, which triggered a long bout of introspection on my part. I realized that I am in a town that I do not consider "home", living in my 35th domicile.
I have never had "roots", and now I am the only person that has anything to say about my future destinations.

A gypsy at heart, I will be purchasing a Class A in 3 years, and look forward to seeing much more of our beautiful America.
As a 911 Dispatcher, I think it's safe to assume I will be able to find work fairly easily. I hope to work fulltime and explore my new surroundings on my weekends, then unhook and move on a year or so later. Who knows, maybe I'll find a place I would feel comfortable calling "home" on a more permanent basis. I will be the embodiment of the phrase "Home is where you hook-up!" 

My URL is http://www.myspace.com/t9a1r1a, and if you all don't mind, I will primarily observe here at the RV Forum, getting to know some terminology, hints, tips, advice, that sort of thing. I doubt I'll have much to contribute, not being an actual owner yet, but if I see something I can help with, I'll certainly chime in!

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings...
Safe travels, everyone!

Tai... aka SeaMoon

Welcome, Tai/Seamoon. And you are certainly welcome to observe (we call it "lurking") and learn, but please feel free to ask questions as well.

For your intended style of travel, a trailer would be more cost effective. It costs far less to maintain and insure while parked for long term stays. A large trailer usually offers a bit more living space as well.  Since you would only be moving once every year or so, the added travel convenience of a motorhome  is of little extra value to you.  But it's mostly a matter of personal preference.

With a trailer you would be driving a diesel van or pick-up truck as your daily driver. With the motorhome you could use a smaller vehicle that  you towed with the motorhome when you moved on.

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. Thanks for joining us.

Tai,
Welcome to the RV Forum, and lurk around as much as you wish. Our group has a wide variety of past and present rv'ing experience; from small pop-up travel trailers to 40+ foot land yachts and more! Ask and learn, and try to be as detailed as you can with your questions. :)

Tai, loved your website. Was that done through MySpace? I myself am originaly from the capital of IL. My husband and I started full-timing over a year ago after selling our business. You can learn so much from these good folks all about RVing. I know I have. Wellcome to this board.

Tai,

Welcome!  You might find interesting some of the threads started by other women who also intend to RV solo.  They provide a wealth of experience from the female viewpoint, including safety, pros and cons of various issues, and the like.

ArdraF

Ahhh to be from ILLINOIS,    as far from as possible.  If I didn't have to go back to please the wife, if I never went back it would be 37 yrs to dang soon.  Love it here is AZ, but you never know, just might move on.

Shayne:

Illinois is a great state and filled with our friends and family so we love to go there.

Just not in February (or July). ;D ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom