New Water Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pgh_AL

My old pump was leaking at the head . It was all corroded and ashy . So i replaced it with a new one . Now i get a pulsation/surging when water is on .

The old one was smooth as the one in my house . The main problem is that's it annoying as heck. Is there an adjustment of some sort ? It's a Sureflo I paid less than $100.00 bucks maybe i didn't pay enough huh? 😆

You may have air in the lines. Another thing to try is open the pressure relief on the water heater til water flows, then close it. Too large an air bubble in the tank can cause this.
There should be an adjustment on the end of the pump where the power wires are. I think it's an allen head. Slightly adjust it one way or the other and see if it helps.

You may have air in the lines. Another thing to try is open the pressure relief on the water heater til water flows, then close it. Too large an air bubble in the tank can cause this.
There should be an adjustment on the end of the pump where the power wires are. I think it's an allen head. Slightly adjust it one way or the other and see if it helps.
Thanks a million I'll try that as soon as i get to the coach 😃

You can solve that and improve the water system by installing an accumulator on the output of the pump. It will smooth out the operation and also lower the frequency of the pump needing to run.
shopping

Ok good info i will try the above mentioned first if that fails the accumulator is next . The pulsation is more of an aggravation than anything else

When it pulses the lights pulse as well .I have to run my TV on the chassis battery so it don't suffer a power surge or something . Its a real PITA . Thanks again for the info

When it pulses the lights pulse as well
That is a much greater concern. For the lights to do that your pump must be loading down the 12V and causing the voltage to drop. That would seem to be much more serious than just noise. Are you sure that the pump is connected properly?

Now i get a pulsation/surging when water is on .

The old one was smooth as the one in my house . The main problem is that's it annoying as heck. Is there an adjustment of some sort ? It's a Sureflo I paid less than $100.00 bucks maybe i didn't pay enough huh?
Probably. A variable speed pump would be smoother and less aggravating. And your new installation may be exacerbating the noise & vibration - the pump should be on a pad of some sort and have loose, flexible water lines in/out so that it doesn't transmit vibration to the rest of the system.

I would also wonder about the wiring and maybe the RV battery condition too, cause the pump isn't that big a power hog. Probably about 6 amps (bigger pumps can be 10A). Is it running from battery only or s the RV plugged to shore power and supplying 12v via its converter? You shouldn't see more than a very slight blip in the house voltage when thepump cmes on.

Back
Top Bottom