Newbe - can't decide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob A

My wife and I have decided to try the RV thing. We've lived on a sailboat for a few years so are used to close quarters.

We own an F350 powerstroke diesel PU so have decided on a fifth wheel. We've searched extensively and have found a 2001 30ft Gulfstream Yellowstone that appears in great condition but can't find out anything about the Yellowstone quality. We also found a great 2003 Keystone Monatana, 33 ft at 26,000$. I think the Yellowstone would be very satisfactory, Sue feels we need more space. We are in our early seventies, in good condition, and plan to move around the country intermittently for 2 to 4 months a year.

If anyone can give us any advise or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks      Bob A

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. Thanks for joining us.

Montanas are very popular and most owners give good reports. That is not to say the Yellowstone is a poor choice, but its not a brand I have heard much about, pro or con.

Check the retail price in the NADA book, which is generally on the high side for a cash (no trade) sale. NADA Price Guide.  Try to pay no more than low retail, less if it is a private sale.

Hi Bob,

Living in a sailboat certainly gave you a good feel for what 'togetherness' means, and that will give you a leg up when choosing a land yacht :)

In making your choice, many things have to be considered; size, floor plan, amenities, etc. Weight is also a major consideration. You mentioned having a F350, but that in itself doesn't really answer the question of what you will be able to tow comfortably and safely. We have some Forum members who live and breathe this sort of thing, and I'm sure they'll be along shortly with their questions and suggestions.

Enjoy your new lifestyle, even if it's only for a few months a year!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom