newbie from england

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john don

just need to introduce my self my names john and i live near Birmingham England recently bought a Damon challenger 1995 very pleased with the rig but theres a few things i haven't quite got to grips with yet one of them being the power supply.

cheers john.

Hi John and welcome to our forum. Congratulations on the Damon.

Brum - that's where they pump all the water to from reservoirs in Wales, right?

Hi John,

Welcome to the RV forum.  Glad you found us.  Please join in on any of the ongoing discussions, ask questions, or start new discussions relating to RVing.  Thanks for join us.

thanks guys for making me welcome, and by the way you re right about the water.

cheers john.

john don said:
....you re right about the water.

Us folks from the other side of the Severn Bridge know only too well  :)  It could rain all year in "sunny South Wales", then stop raining for 7-10 days and they'd ban the use of hose pipes. Meanwhile, all the water from our reservoirs was being pumped to your neck of the woods while we were on water rationing :(

Where do you drive the Damon? I know it wouldn't fit down the narrow lanes of the Gower Peninsula.

Hi John

Im originally from the Solihull/Birmingham area - now touring the US in our 38' Fleetwood Expedition.

Don't take too much notice of Tom - he's only jealous that you are in the UK enjoying proper beer and british fish & chips.

Paul

UK-RV said:
...Tom - he's only jealous that you are in the UK enjoying proper beer and british fish & chips.

LOL probably true Paul. I'm also jealous because, when I lived in the UK, our idea of RVing was to haul a large tent and all the trimmings in a trailer I'd borrow from the company. Couldn't afford our own trailer. Heck, we'd even take along the kitchen table and chairs because we couldn't afford "camping" ones. We'd be 3-4 days into our holiday before being completely rained out and tired of slopping around a muddy field (aka campground). All this so the folks in Brum could get water and the folks in the rest of the UK could get Welsh coal to heat their houses and Welsh lamb to fill their bellies.

high guys. would i be right in saying that you are welsh tom? and paul its good to talk to a fellow brummie for a change. worked quite a lot in sollihull over the years mostly in the land rover plant.

cheers, john

john don said:
...would i be right in saying that you are welsh tom?

Does it show?  ;D

Born and raised in sunny South Wales, but exiled in California for the last 25+ years. One of my favourite pastimes is teasing folks from the other side of the Severn bridge. Thanks for being a good sport John.

Hi guys,sorry its taken me so long to reply but Ive been working out of town for a while. Happy to say I fixed my problem with my electrics, it was a corroded connector block inside the cooker hood. (found by an expert in just a couple of minutes) but he still charged me ?75.00. but there you have it. Hope to take a drive down to sunny south wales come the witsun Holiday tom, maybe Tenby.
Its not looking good for the landrover works in Solihull Paul, more redundancies apparently, some people say the whole plant will close shortly and move production to the states,and with the closure of MG Rover and HP sauce its not looking good for brum at the moment.
Also a big thanks to Jerry for offering his help if i need it, with my Damon, thanks mate.

thanks to you all  john.

Hi John,

Glad you had the problem fixed.

Tenby at Whitsun  ???  It's likely to be a zoo with all those English folks flocking down there with their caravans  ;D Which park are you staying at? Used to be that Kiln Park was "the" caravan park in Tenby.

Take some photos while you're there and post them here in the forum. One I'd love to see is the harbour at full tide. I have several at low tide with all the boats sitting on the sand (see attached), but folks don't believe that there can be 40 foot tides in that area.

TIA.

Attachments

• Tenby_inside_harbor.JPG
    Tenby_inside_harbor.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Tenby_outside_harbor.JPG
    Tenby_outside_harbor.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Tenby-arial.jpg
    Tenby-arial.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts