Newbie from New Mexico- hi, everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nonantech

Howdy!
I joined because my 1994 Four Winds F-530 isn't getting the power from the Onan 5000 gen. Got frustrated with justawronganswer.com thinking it's an appliance. Lol. Please somebody help... I'm Nonantech, that's for sure

Is this coach new to you, or have you had it for a while and the problem just popped up? Does everything work when plugged in to shore power? Does this coach have a transfer switch, or does it have an outlet that you have to plug the shore cord into to get power from the generator?
Maybe check the two breakers on the generator itself.

Is this coach new to you, or have you had it for a while and the problem just popped up? Does everything work when plugged in to shore power? Does this coach have a transfer switch, or does it have an outlet that you have to plug the shore cord into to get power from the generator?
Maybe check the two breakers on the generator itself.
New to me, only one hunting trip last year so far, but didn't have the gen running at all then. Shore power works normally. I assume it has a transfer switch (somewhere), since the output seems hardwired, with no receptacles on the gen. It's an Onan marquis 5000. The breakers on it don't change the situation, on or off. The fuses on the gen are ok. Scratching head...lol

I assume it has a transfer switch (somewhere), since the output seems hardwired, with no receptacles on the gen. It's an Onan marquis 5000.
I wouldn't assume a transfer switch in a 1994 rig.

I assume the genny runs okay but you have no AC from it. Is that correct?

If so . . .

Did you look for an outlet in the compartment next to the genny? One outside compartment away from the genny to the rear, usually. But I would look at each that are next to genny, usually outlet mounted on a wall. Upper left in my Y2K RV, easy to miss if you don't know it's there. If you find such, plug your shoreline into it and see what happens when the genny is running.

-Don- Auburn, CA

But I would look at each that are next to genny, usually outlet mounted on a wall.
Look in the compartment where the power cord is stored for travel. It is very common or was, to have that in place of an auto transfer device. If there is an auto-transfer you can find it by following the shore power cord to the other end as that would be located between the generator & power cord with the output going to the 120V distribution panel.

THANKS!
To all who responded, I am very happy to say I didn't know what that receptacle in the shore cable storage area was for, and I found out thanks to the veteran RVers who knew.

Back
Top Bottom