Newbie here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EllenS

Hello, All:

I recently discovered and joined this forum.  I've always liked the idea of RVing (life on the move as a military brat), but my DH has been somewhat reluctant.  I brought up the idea of RVing again as a solution to his hesitancy for long trips because he doesn't want to leave our pets.  My suggestion was to rent an RV to travel and have our furbabies with us.

However, neither one of us knows much about the "reality" of using an RV.  Also, I'd probably be doing the majority of driving, so size would be a consideration.  I'm thinking we'd want to tow a car, too.

Can you suggest a book/video/DVD that is real basic and would give a good overview of what it's like to use an RV?

Thanks in advance for you help,
Ellen

Sorry, folks, belatedly I see where a very similar question was posted on 12/09.  I'll follow up on the links and answers posted there.

TIA,
Ellen

Hi Ellen and welcome to our forum. Hopefully, someone can suggest a book or two. Meanwhile, feel free to check out the various message boards here and don't forget to check the articles in our library (click the Library button above).

Also, I'd probably be doing the majority of driving, so size would be a consideration.  I'm thinking we'd want to tow a car, too.

Don't get too hung up on the length when it comes to driving; Many of the female members of our forum drive their motorhomes. My wife drives our 38' coach 90% of the time and we tow a Suburban.

Welcome to the RV Forum. Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions. Thanks for joining us.

Please ask any questions you have relating to RVing and we will try to provide the answers. 

Welcome to the forum and after you finished reading this wonderful Library that has been assembled by this very adept and talented group, Go to  WWW.gorving.com and request the DVD at free costs the last I checked and request a copy if the spouse is not yet comvienced. sometimes it take the picture to convince us.  Good luck

Shayne said:
Go to  WWW.gorving.com and reqest the DVD at free costs the last I checked

Yep, I got one a few months ago, absolutely free.  Informative and well-produced DVD, and if that doesn't convince your DH then nothing will!  ;D

However, neither one of us knows much about the "reality" of using an RV.  Also, I'd probably be doing the majority of driving, so size would be a consideration.  I'm thinking we'd want to tow a car, too.

One trick you might try, after the DVD is to stick your toes in the water.  Rent an RV, say a class C motorhome for a week or so and go.    Pick a destination that won't demand a car, or simply rent one at destination.  A decent rental shop like Cruise America or El Monte Rents will set you up right and you will get a taste of the life without risking a hump of money.

If you want recommendations on possible trips let us know what part of the world you live in.

Back
Top Bottom