Newbie in Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Countryford

About a year ago, we purchased our first motorhome. It is a 1997 Fleetwood Discovery 36RS. We bought it from the original owner, an elderly gentlemen in his 90s. He didn't want to get rid of it, but his family was making him, since he started having difficulty driving it. It had 54,000 miles on it when we bought it. We did a few things to it, like having a new roof installed, new tires all the way around, new fuel lines. Everything was checked out and was in good working condition. The inside of the unit was in really good condition. They definitely took good care of it.
In July, we took our first trip in it. Went from Phoenix, AZ up to Spokane, WA and back. We towed a 2006 PT Cruiser behind, with a tow dolly. Had two minor issues. The first one, not the motorhome's fault, the nut on the tow ball came off. The tow dolly tongue came up and went forward into the back bumper of the RV, wedging in between the hitch frame and the RV frame. If it had gone any further forward, it could have hit the radiator. And luckily it didn't go back. After that, I had the nut welded onto the ball so it couldn't come off again. The other issue, one of the fuel injectors came loose, spewing out diesel fuel out the back. The poor PT Cruiser was covered in diesel. Other than that, no other issues with the RV. We both love it.
When we took our trip, we also took our 5 dogs with us. They all loved it as well.

Couple weeks after we got home from the trip, the electricity went out at our house. It ended up being out for 30 hours. We thought we would just fire up the generator in the RV and stay in there. Of course, the starter on the generator went out when we tried to start it. LOL. It is fixed now and ready for the next power outage or our next trip.

This is our first time on this site. Hope to learn from others here. Thanks

RVMommaTo6

I love that you call spewing diesel all over your car a minor problem lol, I wouldn't have had a clue how to even begin dealing with that! Welcome to the forum!

LIVE NOW NO LATER

;D Welcome... I'm also from AZ here in Phoenix... we still looking for the right one. I lost one that only had 39k miles one owner because I didn't  offer enough on Offerup. My dear husband  :mad: still keep saying was my fault - I think he will take it to my grave ..kkk
How did you find yours? 
I have heard that is a lot camping size /parking area with a lot restriction if the rig is old!!! my my there is a lot beautiful vintage there....

Countryford

RVMommaTo6 said:
I love that you call spewing diesel all over your car a minor problem lol, I wouldn't have had a clue how to even begin dealing with that! Welcome to the forum!

We had stopped to fuel up and noticed it on the car and also that it was leaking. The attendant at the gas station recommended a shop about 10 miles away. We drove there. There just happened to be a truck wash right next door to the shop. While we waited for them to get to our rig, we drove the RV and the car through the wash. $50 for that. Then they were able to look at the RV and found the leak almost immediately. They tightened it up. Ended up costing $50 for that too.

Countryford

LIVE NOW said:
;D Welcome... I'm also from AZ here in Phoenix... we still looking for the right one. I lost one that only had 39k miles one owner because I didn't  offer enough on Offerup. My dear husband  :mad: still keep saying was my fault - I think he will take it to my grave ..kkk
How did you find yours? 
I have heard that is a lot camping size /parking area with a lot restriction if the rig is old!!! my my there is a lot beautiful vintage there....

We are out in Buckeye. We had looked at several before finding ours. We first looked at Class C units. Then went to the A's. Looked at a gas unit. then went to the DP. We found this one on Craigslist. Went and checked it out. Both of us loved it. We put a down-payment on it and went back a couple days later to pick it up and pay for it.

darsben

Central NY in summer beautiful Casa Grande AZ in w
The motor home shows at the ASU Stadium are interesting as as is Quartzite.

Keep looking one is out there.
There is also a Brit who is going back home and selling his rig.
He is leaving from Phoenix.
AD is at
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,116099.0.html

He has been a member for a while here.
Between his Blog and the posts on this site you can get a pretty good idea of the care he gave it as well as the problems he encountered

Top Bottom