Newbie in RV Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dusty Traveler

The “DUSTY TRAVELERS,” as we enjoy our road trips and seeing the country by Campervan. If you drive the roads of North America, you may come across some old Dusty folks parked alongside the trail, and yep that could be us enjoying a cup of morning coffee. [_]>"""" We enjoy Drives and Dives along the roadway, as we travel from RV Park to College campgrounds in search of TAILGATES, with fellow Alumni friends. I'm an old hand at camping thanks to the world before computers, Microwaves, Refrigerator before freon, and yes A/C. So be kind, drop us a line or two kick off your boots, and sit for a while. I enjoy cooking on the grill, fixing, DIY stuff, yes tech stuff, and traveling the roads with unending road trips of life. I’m enjoying the simple VAN LIFE of Boon Ducking and exploring this wonderful world of wild birds, Honeybees, and Butterflies. I enjoy Math, Science, Reading crime stories, and History. Chatting or texting my grandchildren and soon great-grandchildren. Two with feet on the ground, and two getting ready to join us around the campfire in person. This is another reason for my wandering through National Parks and always looking forward to the time our paths cross, so please smile and say hello to Dusty Travelers. We both group in what was once the county is now a large city. But we find our way to our outdoor adventures. One man's quest to live the RV dream behind the wheel of a campervan named "Greta". Well, maybe just a short week or so before returning home to the real creature comforts off the main road. IMG_1121.JPGIMG_1121.JPGGreta 2021 Galleria 24FL.jpg

Hi and welcome to the forum.

It's always good to have another experienced voice to add to the mix.

Jump into the conversations any time, and let us know if you need help with anything.

Happy travels.

Well, at least Len and Jo won't feel alone in the Class B forum any more :D

I had a Class B for about 2 days. I liked it but it was to small.

This Forum is open to all kinds of RVs.

Attachments

• 60046396a67bfc561c58db96.jpg
    60046396a67bfc561c58db96.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 60046399f725b953e65104c4.jpg
    60046399f725b953e65104c4.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1

Trust me that I can understand having grown up with Pop-ups to a small 30-foot Trailer, then a Jump to a Class As. We found parking hard and getting into a small town difficult. So after driving all over the country watching our college teams play. We downsized to class B, with a 170WB, and now find this one to be to big for what we do as we near our 80s. Greta our coachman has been great, we are now checking out even smaller campervans to a 144WB, which does not look like a military vehicle. But until I can do more research. We won't be making the jump for a while yet. But I do love the Li3 system that Coachmen Galleria Campervan uses. Truly enjoy the quite fresh night air. It's almost like camping in a tent without the rock hard ground.

I get that as we for a long time went up to the class As and our last was not our Forest River Reflections, but a tour. Now we love our Class B Galleria by Coachmen and more, so the Li3 system makes for a wonderful fun night of peace. But we're starting to fill the inch, to go from the 170WB, down to a 144WB. But sadly, Coachmen does not make the 144WB in the Mercedes campervan and would love for that to change as I think we would be first in line. Me in my youth haha as for NM you may enjoy this web, click under left of this photo.
IMG_2254.JPGClick Here

Can you post details of that cool van? Make, model, year, so I can look it up? Thanks
Our Greta is a 2021 Coachmen Galleria floorplan 24FL, which has Li3 No running outside generator a large Refrigerator and two Induction cooktops with the Li3, We do have a Propane for Hot water. Here is a helpful link to learn more. Click Here for better details or ask here is a 2024 info, ours again is a 2021. We're not even close to wanting to sell if that is your next question about Greta. Here are a few pictures.thumbnail (3).jpg

Thanks for posting the information. Looked it up. Price is a bit high but if it works for you, enjoy. Met a couple at a campground last year with a ford chassis built similar to yours. Had a slide out, Murphy bed and a black tank that grinds up every thing so only a regular water hose to dump. Cool but was expensive too. My 5th wheel and 1 ton truck is about $110,000 combined. Have looked at the other Mercedes RV’s but was told repair on those diesel engines are expensive. How’s the fuel mileage with yours?

Thanks for posting the information. Looked it up. Price is a bit high but if it works for you, enjoy. Met a couple at a campground last year with a ford chassis built similar to yours. Had a slide out, Murphy bed and a black tank that grinds up every thing so only a regular water hose to dump. Cool but was expensive too. My 5th wheel and 1 ton truck is about $110,000 combined. Have looked at the other Mercedes RV’s but was told repair on those diesel engines are expensive. How’s the fuel mileage with yours?
YES, I know the vehicle to which you refer, but to me it's not a B but a C van. A Van, is just a VAN and nothing is added to push out the walls to make it wider. I don't why they have a hard time calling it and others class Cs. I do not want to add more to their pain and that one is about $300.000 Plus. A bit more if you add the E1, to the vehicle. I want comfort and convenience and Coachmen makes a far better vehicle. They don't make a 144WB, with the MB chassis. They should it's a growing market, more so after COVID. Folks want to get out of town, just look at folks eating in their cars and still wearing the mask. that alone should be noticed to BUILD THE 144WB, One that does not look like the military has moved into town. Keep it stealthy so you can park it in a condominium parking lot.

Looking at yours in the brochure, the bed is the folded out couch, correct? If so, how’s the comfort?
No, the seat slides down flat, and then you place sofa cushions fill or leave the gap open for easy exit or entry. We use our hiking sleeping bags to roll out. Then we watch TV or play music while cooking on two induction cooktopsthumbnail_IMG_1977.jpg.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1980.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1980.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 2
  • tables 005.jpg
    tables 005.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 1
  • tables004.jpg
    tables004.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 1
  • tables 003.jpg
    tables 003.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 1
  • two tables 001.jpg
    two tables 001.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 2
  • HL Copy RV Kitchen.jpg
    HL Copy RV Kitchen.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 2
Can you post details of that cool van? Make, model, year, so I can look it up? Thanks
Here is the VAN info Click Here. Our year is a 2021 MB 3500XD, up-fitter is CoachmenRV 6 wheels down. 170WB is called a Galleria 24FL. You will note two tables that I made and added removing the small 18" round table that came with the VAN. But we're looking to go smaller. To as 144WB with the same or similar setup. I have my eye on two models as Coachmen does not make an MB with a 144WB.

trust me I am not, but my wife may differ on that opinion. I'm sure any local carpenter as many can do them for you. You would also avoid cost of shipment, which alone could be an extra $100. in mailing as to speed, packing, and other mail fees. Doing a Google Search for local woodworkers, and carpenters would be my suggestion. You will also need to order an extra arm as you will need the baseplate mount. Good luck and make sure to round your corners. Let me know if you need more information happy to help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabianonetto
Back
Top Bottom