Newbie & just bought a 1995 Chinook Concourse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bett

Hello All,

I?m a rookie RVer and just adopted an oldie but a goodie 1995 Chinook Concourse. She only had 56,000 miles on her and per CarFax, was driven a few thousand miles a year between smog checks and registrations. She was obviously outside a lot though, and is weathered. I want to get her exterior restored.  She?s headed to an RV shop this Friday to address the issues and concerns I?m aware of, and I?m having them check out all the systems for safety and proper operation.

I flew to Texas, bought her and drove 2,000 miles by my lonesome back to California. A little nuts for a rookie, but it all worked out and I learned a lot. She sounds like a 757 when I?m climbing uphill but the power is awesome. I?m used to driving my little Hyundai Tucson so this Ford E350 (460 V8) is a Beast! :)

I have a lot to learn and appreciate all the advice and sharing that happens on this forum. I love reading about others experiences.

I?m in Redwood City, CA and would love to get to know some other RVers nearby, especially any older Chinook owners, so please say Hi if you?re nearby.

Bett

Hello Bett and welcome to THE RV FORUM

Well, you have come to the right place.  We are a pretty friendly bunch and we enjoy helping others by answering questions  and dispensing advice.  Our library has a lot of good reference materials too.

We have many on-line discussions and you are encouraged to join in.  It is a great way to meet other RVers and form new friendships.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcome, George.

I have a lot to learn, and it?ll be some time before I can operate everything well, let alone troubleshoot anything.  Therefore I?m starting off with having all the systems thoroughly checked out and repaired.

I?m enjoying the treasure trove of information here.  Thank you!

Unless you have really deep pockets a RV repair shop is not the best idea.  They charge a lot and with a rig that old your not likely to aford it.  Instead, have them make sure the gas system is safe and the regulator is working correctly.  Then take it home and start in. Other than gas, everything will be either 12VDC or 120VAC.  There are of online tutorials on how to check/fix almost everything related.  As a last resort come on here and ask questions.
Chinook was a nice, read that expensive rig in its day.  But their now dated, so dont expect to make a profit.  It will be a labor of love for sure.

Back
Top Bottom