Newbie Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trystero

Hello....so my fiancé uses a fifth wheel trailer which we use often and have fixed little things on it etc. However we are embarking on a trip soon and I wanted to purchase a Class C motorhome for the trip. I know crazy but I hate being cooped up. I am looking at 2 models right now within my budget. First Is a 1996 Jamboree Searcher 27 ft. Was bought from in laws at 88k miles. The other is a 2001 Holiday Rambler Atlantis with 1 super slide and 58k miles. From my research I think Holiday Rambler was better made but with them both being 20+ years old I think it's more about the maintenance/condition of them. Any help would be appreciated. I can list the listings too if anyone is interested in seeing the pictures.

Welcome to the forums! Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here!

You’re absolutely correct about maintenance being key to finding a used gem. If the two you mentioned were equally well cared for, choose the one that has the floor plan you prefer. If one had pet owners or smokers are things some care about. Showers are likely cramped in both of those rigs, perhaps one is bit bigger (that would be something we would care about).

Some folks here will be more knowledgeable about the chassis they’re built on and perhaps a common issue one or the other had in that vintage… not part of my knowledge base.

“Embarking on a trip soon”… what is the plan? Full time living? Extended vacation?
“Hate being cooped up”.. you know class C’s in the size you’re talking about are going to have a LOT less living and storage space than most any 5th wheel. Is there a reason you can’t or don’t want to use it for this trip?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nedh
Back
Top Bottom