newbie to your site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ffruff22

Hi All,
I spent a lot of time in an RV w/ my grandparents around when I was younger and I am currently in the process of selecting one for mine.  We have twin girls that turned 2 today and a 4.5 year old boy.  I have great memories of camping with my grandparents and hopefully my kids will have  them too.

I have been looking for a while and will hopefully make a selection soon.  My tow vehicle is a 2001 2500HD Chevy crew cab gasser (6.0).  What we have been looking at is a fifth wheel bunk house.  I think we have narrowed it down to the Cougar 314EFS.  Any one have any thoughts regarding the Cougar or bunkhouse layouts w/kids in general? 

Also, we plan on going to National parks and cross country in a year or so.  Are there any restrictions as far as length limits in the parks, any advice there?

I am looking forward to your feedback!!

ffruff22 said:
Hi All,
My tow vehicle is a 2001 2500HD Chevy crew cab gasser (6.0).? ?What we have been looking at is a fifth wheel bunk house.? I think we have narrowed it down to the Cougar 314EFS.? Any one have any thoughts regarding the Cougar or bunkhouse layouts w/kids in general??

Also, we plan on going to National parks and cross country in a year or so.? Are there any restrictions as far as length limits in the parks, any advice there?

I am looking forward to your feedback!!

Welcome to the RV Forum. Glad you found us.

Don't know anything about the Cougar 314EFS other than what I saw on their web site. The 314EFS is 31' long. Looks like a pretty good size fifth wheel. Have you checked the weight of the trailer FULLY LOADED READY TO TRAVEL, against the GCWR of you truck? NOT the towing capacity of the truck, but the GCWR of the truck. The fully loaded weight of the trailer plus the loaded weight of the truck with full fuel and everything you carry in it can't exceed the GCWR.

Length wise you should be OK in most National Parks.

Again welcome to the Forum.

Welcome to the RV Forum Framily. We are glad you found us.  I don't know anything about the Couger but I think Don has given some things to consider.  I'm sure other framily members will be able to provide more information. Thanks for joining us.

Back
Top Bottom