Newbie with a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimbo’s

I’ve got cold water coming out all faucets cold water side as it should but no water will come out the hot side on any faucet. Everything was working fine and I haven’t changed anything in the system configuration. However, we’re having some unusually cold weather. And the water supply froze even with two faucets on. However, I only had the cold side on. I purchased new water supply line (hose) since I knew it was frozen solid and got the cold water working as you would expect but nothing is coming out on the hot side. I’ve checked the pop off value on the hot water tank and I get hot water coming out when I flip the toggle/value handle as you’d expect. It closes and does not leak, but still no water coming out from the hot water side at any faucet. I can see the back and one side of the water heater and there isn’t a check valve in any of the lines. This is the only area I can see the water heater and any of the water lines, except a few inches of the drain tube under the RV. The only thing I can think of that would keep water from coming out of the hot side of my faucets, even though it’s coming out the cold side of them, is that I have a hot water line frozen somewhere between the supply line and the water heater tank.

Anyone know anything that I may be overlooking?

Either you have a frozen line feeding the cold side of the water heater, orrr one of the winterize valves is in a wrong position. Remember without cold water in you will not get hot water out.

Either you have a frozen line feeding the cold side of the water heater, orrr one of the winterize valves is in a wrong position. Remember without cold water in you will not get hot water out.
The water heater tank is getting water into it because when I first checked the pop off valve, there was no water coming out. A few minutes later, I rechecked it and I’m getting a very good st

With two valves you should have a check valve where the top pipe makes up to the tank. It could be plastic, aluminum or brass. The pipe should make up to it and it would screw into the tank fitting/welded boss. If you do find it, for now remove it, knock out the internals with a hammer and screwdriver then reinstall it. You only need it when it comes time to winterize. If you never need to winterize the heater, just leave it that way otherwise, replace at your convenience.

If you get a stream of hot water when you crack open the PT Relief (pop-off) valve, but still no water flowing to the hot faucets, then the tank outlet is closed, either by the manual valve or the inline check valve.

Back
Top Bottom