Newbie with old RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duce

Just wanted to introduce myself and then start learning from all you veteran RVers.  Bought a 1974 Dodge Jamboree last fall in great shape, we took it for one trip and it was great but I need to do some work before I take a trip with the whole family and feel safe.  Anyone with another Dodge that can give me saome insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, 

Duce

Duce

Welcome to our friendly forum. You've come to the right place. Folks here just love to share their knowledge and experience.

Duce,

Welcome to the RV Forum Framily.  Please feel free to ask any questions you might have regarding your Dodge Jamboree or any other RVing subject.  There is a lot of experience here and folks are ready and willing to share their knowledge.  Join in any of the ongoing discussions or start new discussions relating to the RVing lifestyle.  Thanks for joining us.

What part of the country are you from?

Hi Duce!  Welcome to the RV Forum.  I see others have greeted you so I won't go into my usual welcome message  ;D.

Duce said:
Just wanted to introduce myself and then start learning from all you veteran RVers. Bought a 1974 Dodge Jamboree last fall in great shape, we took it for one trip and it was great but I need to do some work before I take a trip with the whole family and feel safe. Anyone with another Dodge that can give me saome insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Duce

What kind of information and/or help are you looking for?  If you give us a bit more information we should be able to get you some help.  One thing I would recommend is for you to check the manufacturing date on the tires.  It's probable on a coach of this age that they have been replaced at least once but if they are over 5 or 6 years old they NEED to be replaced even if they seem to have plenty of tread or don't seem to have sidewall cracks.  This is because the plasticizers added to the tire rubber at time of manufacture is gradually oxidized by exposure to sun, heat, and oxygen in the air.  There was an article in the paper today that Ford Motor Co. will include this recommendation in the owner's manuals of all of their 2006 models.  There is a comprehensive explanation of the tire date codes in our RV Forum Glossary that can be seen at http://www.rvforum.net by clicking on "glossary of RV terms" in the resources menu then highlighting the "S-U" header and clicking on "Tire Manufacturing Date Codes".  Incidentally, there is a wealth of other RVing information in the glossary.

We hope this has been some help.  Come on back and ask if you have other questions or just jump into one of the ongoing conversations with your own observations or start one of your own.

IAC, as I said, "Welcome to the Forum".  We're glad that you found us.

Hi Duce and welcome aboard.  Wish I could help answer your question but I know nothing about that Dodge Jamboree so I will read along and learn.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom