Newbie...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wink

Hi Folks!

I am newer than new to RVing. As in, I am clueless, but want to check out the options. I am interested in getting an RV to tow my race trailer to the tracks every weekend, and have something that we can stay in.

So, hopefully, I will learn over the next couple of months here, and be all set with a nice ride for next race season (starts in April).

Edit: Adding some details after reading a little bit.
I have a 32' enclosed race trailer (38' total) that weighs in around 11,000 pounds loaded. Looking for a diesel solution that can sleep at least 7-10 people over the weekend and be able to tow my trailer through the mountains without trouble.

Greetings to all!

Brian

Hi Brian and welcome. Feel free to look around and ask questions. There are plenty of folks here who'll be willing to help.

Wink  I don't have a diesel nor a 32' trailer, but I do have a 37' gas powered Ford engine 460 Banks Pak Pace Arrow and tag axle, with a 24' enclosed trailer that hauls a Lincoln Town Car and lots of tools(Hobby)  We motor all over the country to ABABMX Bicycle races for the Grand kids. Fl to Cal Vancouver to Penn and all spots in between.Yep at times had to somewhat creep up mountains but made it safely and down the other side always with caution.  Don't know of any Unit unless one of the new Toyhaulers that will sleep 8 and tote your racing equipment.  There probably some out there but I never looked for them.  We have slept 12 in our MH 5 adults 5 grown kids and 2 small kids  Well really 12 kids at heart. We used air mattresses and spread them on the floor  Real cozy but it worked.  We've even pitched 2 of our tents for others that had no place to sleep using our sleeping bags and camping heaters to keep warm.  It can be done, just a little inconvenience at times.  However that said I have seen units advertised that sleep 8.  In fact been gawking at with great desire at an Allegro Bay 8 Sleeper  Now how can I justify that much money for no more than we use our MH  But that's my dilemma  Good luck in your search.

I have a 32' enclosed race trailer (38' total) that weighs in around 11,000 pounds loaded. Looking for a diesel solution that can sleep at least 7-10 people over the weekend and be able to tow my trailer through the mountains without trouble.

Hoo ah!  You have a rough set of specs there.  That 11,000 lb trailer is a big rascal in the scheme of things.  There are not many motorhomes that will have a tow rating of that would be suitable for that in the mountain west AND haul and house 7-10 passengers.  The tow rating in question would be something in excess of  13,750 lbs and that is one big unit.  To see the type of unit you are talking about click HERE.  Even with one of those bad boys, you are going to have to do serious discussions about the ability to tow 13,750 lbs besides.

A suggestion.  Maybe you are talking about 2 units.  A tractor truck for your big trailer with a class V hitch system -- something in the F350/450 catagory AND a motorhome of the type built for the entertainment industry for touring bands.  To see what I am talking about click HERE.

By the way, I do not recommend either of these sites as good units.  They are merely examples of what I am talking about.  I have no experience in your sort of machine.

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions.  Thanks for joining us.

Back
Top Bottom