Newcomer to RVLiving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pixie916

Hi my Name is Brenda Harrington we live in Summerville SC , My husband and I bought a 1988 Holiday Rambler 35' Travel Trailer, we are living in it and are hooked up to electric and water from my best friends mobile home. We have put in a 50 amp circut breaker but still have to unplug certain things to run other things, I dont mind that so much. But we cannot get our furnace to heat, it blows out the vents but the air is cold and we dont hear the click for the furnace to light. There is aslo no click when turning the thermostat on. Can any one help

I'm not familiar with your TT. However I may be able to get you started on checking things.
On my TT I can barley hear the igniter on the furnace due to the sound made by the fan. that said.
Are you sure you have propane?
Have you purged the propane lines of air?
Does the stove top light?.....This is a good way to purge the air out of the lines.

I'm a little surprised that your having to unplug things with a 50 amp hookup. But then I don't know what you have plugged in.
Check those things and let us know.

I bought a 1992 Holiday Rambler 36 foot 5th wheel last year. Mine seems to have been built during a very good year.

Light your stove, then try the furnace again.

PS there is a good RV repairmen right in Summerville, Carrie the father, is awesome and can fix anything in short order on an RV.

LowCountry RV Mobile
(843) 754-4310
144 Dantzler Lane
Summerville, SC

Pixie916 said:
Hi my Name is Brenda Harrington we live in Summerville SC , My husband and I bought a 1988 Holiday Rambler 35' Travel Trailer, we are living in it and are hooked up to electric and water from my best friends mobile home. We have put in a 50 amp circut breaker but still have to unplug certain things to run other things, I dont mind that so much. But we cannot get our furnace to heat, it blows out the vents but the air is cold and we dont hear the click for the furnace to light. There is aslo no click when turning the thermostat on. Can any one help
I do not understand what you mean that you put in a 50 amp circuit breaker. Did you have an electrician rewire your trailer from 30 amp to 50 amp? Or did you just switch from a 30 amp to a 50 amp yourself?

Seilerbird asks a pertinent question: where is this 50A breaker that was changed?  Chances are it either had no effect and may even have created a potentially dangerous situation.

Since the frunace fan comes on, we know it has 12v power and is receiving the thermostat signal.  The next required step is for the fan to get up to speed and activate the ignition circuit. If the fan is too slow or the "sail switch" is stuck and doesn't react properly, there will be no attempt to light the burner. I explain how the furnace works and troubleshooting for it in a document I've placed in the RVForum Library at  http://www.rvforum.net/miscfiles/Furnace_Trouble-2.pdf

Back
Top Bottom