Newmar Dutch Star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CurtRR

Bought a 2006 Newmar Dutch Star 40 ft. 4 slide (4023) yesterday.? I guess I had to.? The wife wrecked it on the demo drive.

At least that's story we'll be telling.? She did hit a sign and scrape the side.? We didn't know that till the deal was done, and the dealer is, of course, fixing it at no charge.? I, of course, immediately asked for a bigger discount since it has been wrecked ;)

The clincher was the $500 Target gift certificate (not--but we'll take it.)

The 2007s are considerably more due to upgrades.? We bought this one for less than we could get a 2007 Kountry Star with the 400 hp Cummins.? I did extensive internet shopping, and the dealer was more than competitive in all respects.

FWIW, Newmar factory reps were there and said they had pre-purchased enough engines for the 2007 MY.? But the 2008s (production starting in March) will have the new "clean" engines.? The numbers they were estimating for the price increase in the new engines was more than I've heard, so I won't repeat it.? If it's even half true it's scary.

We didn't plan to buy now, but by doing so we'll be in a Dutch Star instead of a lesser vehicle.? ? We'll keep it a nearby RV park and use it as time permits.? We'll sell the house in the spring and move into the MH.? The plan is to retire next October and start traveling the country.

This way the crucial 1st year we will be near the selling dealer.? We bought Newmar because of its reputation, and we bought from the dealer because of his reputation.? We couldn't find anyone who said very much nice about the other dealers in town, and we couldn't find anyone who was unhappy with theirs.

Congratulations on the new Newmar Dutch Star.  Several members have newmar products and seem very satisfied.  I am sure you will enjoy it.  Please post a photo here for all to see.

Thanks.  Will do, Ron, whenever it comes out of the body shop :)

CurtRR,

Congratualtions on being a Newmar owner.  There are several on this forum, myself included.  We have a 2001 Dutch star and have and ae enjoying it a lot.  We part time, SWMBOm needs a house that does not normally move.

CurtRR said:
Ron Hoover in Houston.
Congrats on the new Dutchstar,
I was supposed to go there this weekend also,but could not get away. Were the Newmar Reps helpful ?

Kenneth said:
Congrats on the new Dutchstar,
I was supposed to go there this weekend also,but could not get away. Were the Newmar Reps helpful ?

They talked mostly about the 2007 calendar year engine regulation changes.? They certainly made a good pitch for getting a 2006 production engine.

You will love that coach.  I have the Lesser ;)05 Kountry Star Diesel and it has served me great this year.  I have had it only about 5 months(bought used) and have taken over 7 trips in it.  Took it through the rockies into Lake City and never missed a beat fully loaded to the hilt.  I also love my dealer and the customer service is second to none so far.    I am in OK and use my coach part time for tail gaiting, family vacations and race weekends.  Just bought me a new Porsche race car and will start racing again  Can't wait to get this Newmar to the track and burn some race fuel and cook some brisket....

Happy coaching.

P.S.  Sorry about the body damage starting off but nice to see they took care of it.  Since it happened before you really owned it, their insurance is taking care of it.  Its part of the risk of test drives and they take the risks.

Good luck.

Jeff

Grats Kurt!  I also am in the Newmar family with the Kountry Star.  We researched and test drove caoches for two years and this won hands down.  The KS and the DS use the same chassis and you will love the IFS.

Pierat said:
Gasser - Who's the dealer you like? Thanks - John

Its Lee's RVs in Edmond.  Customer service seems very good.  I felt I got a good deal as well on my used coach.  i was treated like I was buying a top of the line new coach.

Jeff

Gasser said:
Just bought me a new Porsche race car and will start racing again  Can't wait to get this Newmar to the track and burn some race fuel and cook some brisket....

Jeff

What did you get and where do you run it? With what Region?

I found a 1995 993 set up for D stock.  Looks good and runs good.  I will be running in the southwest mostly in OK and TX.  Its been 3 years since my last race so I will do some DE events to get my skills back up to speed and maybe next year I will do a couple of races but maybe not until the next.  I am in no hurry as my racing buddies are rookies and are no where near ready for racing.  they need a year or two of DE instruction before they make the leap.

My first event is next weekeknd at Hallett for the club race there.  I will be running in their DE event.

Jeff

Thanks!!!!  I just got my seat back in.  Had to move it back a couple of inches as the previous driver was shorter.

I am ready.  I really miss the track and the smell of race gas. ;D

Later.

Jeff

Jeff

I used to know how you feel. I was an instructor with the Metro NY Region of PCA for many years, and nothing could beat that feeling of pulling up to the track before an event. Now I get that feeling when I pull out from in front of our house on another RV trip ;D

Great choice!  We just took possession of our '04 DSDP 4025 last week after owning a Mountain Aire V-10 gasser for all of 1 1/2 years.  We found the right deal and jumped at it, so we now have both motorhomes sitting out back.  Oh well...  Nothing wrong with the gassers, but what a difference, huh? 

Enjoy!

CurtRR said:
Bought a 2006 Newmar Dutch Star 40 ft. 4 slide (4023) yesterday.?

I bought same model last April. You might want to join a couple of sites that are specific to Newmar if you aren't all ready a member. These would include IRV2.net which has both a Newmar Owners and Spartan Chassis areas within it and Yahoo Newmarowners group. They cover all models and issues. Good Luck. 

Back
Top Bottom