Newmar/Freightliner Dash Gages Failed when Started Engine W/ Gen Running.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jellyfish

Hello, and help please. 2012 Newmar Ventana LE 3862. Cummins 340hp.
I started the engine with the generator running. As the engine gages came alive, I saw them fail and the needles fell to zero. Since then when I turn the key on, and or start the engine, the needles, (tach,volt,fuel) twitch, the DEF light cycles, then they all go dead. There is also a faint, irregular ticking sound coming from under the panel.
I have checked all the fuse that I could find. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

Is the ticking noise only when the generator is running? Mine has a hour meter to keep track of generator usage that ticks when the generator is running.

Thanks for your reply. No generator running. That was when the initial fail happened. The intermittent “ticking” under the dash is with the key on or the engine is running.

The generator running was just a coincidence. Chances are your dash display controller has failed and that ticking is some relay attempting to close (without success). Your coach is built on a Freightliner XCR chassis - I suggest you call FCCC Customer Service for help. 1-800-FTL-HELP and have the last 6 digits of the VIN handy so they can look up your specific coach in their records.

This document shows the chassis specs for a 2012 Ventana LE: https://cdn.fccchq.com/specsheets/5b7abfaccf1da258f28db037/2012-Newmar-Ventana-LE.pdf

The generator running was just a coincidence. Chances are your dash display controller has failed and that ticking is some relay attempting to close (without success). Your coach is built on a Freightliner XCR chassis - I suggest you call FCCC Customer Service for help. 1-800-FTL-HELP and have the last 6 digits of the VIN handy so they can look up your specific coach in their records.

This document shows the chassis specs for a 2012 Ventana LE: https://cdn.fccchq.com/specsheets/5b7abfaccf1da258f28db037/2012-Newmar-Ventana-LE.pdf
Thanks Gary.

In my 2010 Winnebago Journey on the Freightliner chassis the front outside compartment has a bunch of relays and fuses. If yours are in the same place, maybe the sound you're hearing are coming from that area, since it's under your left foot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom