Newmar Mountainaire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keithb

Hi gang. It's time for a new coach. I have a 2004 Winn Journey 39k and want to upgrade. I was thinking about a Newmar Mountainaire 4304. I drove it and seems to be a nice unit. Materials/fit & finish seem to be much nicer also. Any experience with this unit or suggestions will be appreciated. I was also considering a Travel Supreme but initially like the Newmar better. Opinions on Cummins vs. Cat would be appreciated also.

This will be my last new coach so I want to make a good decision.

Thanks,
Keith

I've never owned either a Newmar or Country Coach, but both brands get high marks from folks who own them.

I have Cummins in my coach and a pair of CATs in my boat. Take your pick - they're both good engines.

I don't have any experience with the particular model you are considering but a year ago we bought a 2000 Newmar Mountain Aire diesel.  We absolutely love it.  I did a lot of research before deciding on the Newmar product.  I went to different internet sites where people gave opinions on different manufacturers and found most Newmar customers were very happy with their RV's. 

I hope this helps.

D2

Thanks for the responses. I have been checking around on different forums and have not found anything truly negative -- just trying to get all the real world help I can.

Thanks again,
Keith

keithb said:
Thanks for the responses. I have been checking around on different forums and have not found anything truly negative -- just trying to get all the real world help I can.

Thanks again,
Keith

Keith, here is a place for good info.  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/newmarowners/

keithb said:
Any experience with this unit or suggestions will be appreciated. I was also considering a Travel Supreme but initially like the Newmar better. Opinions on Cummins vs. Cat would be appreciated also.

Keith

I've had a 40' TS for 3 1/2 years now and love it. Mike Carey, another Forumite, traded in his relatively new Mountain Aire on a 42' TS which he had at Quartzsite. It is a terrific unit and he is quite happy with it.

I've had a Cummins and a CAT on the 2 coaches I've owned and I have been happy with both.

Back
Top Bottom