Newmar Ventana discounts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hleap

Anybody have experience in dealing for a Newmar Ventana and what kind of percentage discount can be had. I have alway been able to work 30-35% discounts with Fleetwood and Holiday Rambler Coaches but because of Newmar's contract with their dealers, the dealers are not permitted to advertise their discounts.

It's still up to the dealer to determine what discount, if any, he will give. Some dealers work to 10-15% off MSRP, while others may be willing to go deeper, maybe in just in special circumstances (they need the money!).  You just have to get quotes.

Thanks Gary!

This is the part of RVing I hate. Research and negotiating is time consuming and stressful. I never really know if I have the right price, a good price or got screwed. At the end of the day you just have to assume you made the best deal possible; let the rest go and enjoy the new RV!  :D

Side note: My sister-in-law was a car salesperson for Lexus and one day I asked her if anybody ever paid full window sticker price for for a new car. She said  "all the time", and I asked why. (I thought maybe they had so much money they didn't want to be bothered with going through the exercise.) Her thoughts on it were that some people had too much pride to lower themselves to negotiating. Interesting.

Price negotiation is definitely stressful and researching RV pricing is not easy even for those with experience in both RVs and internet research. On the other hand, I think far too much emphasis is placed on the price discount these days.  Those who write on the RV blogs frequently have successfully convinced numerous buyers that they need to get a certain percentage off or they "got screwed", where as it is as much or more important to get solid prep work, a quality PDI and good after sale service. All those things cost the dealer real money, so squeezing the price further down becomes detrimental at some level.  Find the right RV for your wants & needs, shop around enough to get an idea of the going price, and try to locate a reputable dealer.

Anybody have experience in dealing for a Newmar Ventana and what kind of percentage discount can be had. I have alway been able to work 30-35% discounts with Fleetwood and Holiday Rambler Coaches but because of Newmar's contract with their dealers, the dealers are not permitted to advertise their discounts.
I sold newmar backnin the 90's and back then -28% from msrp was easily doable. Since then I have bought two a mountain air and a country star and after working hard, once 8 hrs, I got that -28% so I tjink that is probally the ceiling. Also working the deal on an ordered coach vs. an in stock is easier as the dealer has no flooring costs.

Price negotiation is definitely stressful and researching RV pricing is not easy even for those with experience in both RVs and internet research. On the other hand, I think far too much emphasis is placed on the price discount these days. Those who write on the RV blogs frequently have successfully convinced numerous buyers that they need to get a certain percentage off or they "got screwed", where as it is as much or more important to get solid prep work, a quality PDI and good after sale service. All those things cost the dealer real money, so squeezing the price further down becomes detrimental at some level. Find the right RV for your wants & needs, shop around enough to get an idea of the going price, and try to locate a reputable dealer.
Yes rv negoitions can be stressful. You have to go in with the attitude that I do not NEED this rv but if the price is right I would like it. Also never, never tell a salesman how much you are willing to spend. Tell them it depends on the value you get for your money.

Got 27.5% off ours and no upcharges on specials that Newmar is known to offer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom