News from Portal RV Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceinFL

Hi All,
Am in Moab this week staying at Portal RV Park. Manager told me the park has been sold. They are going to level the place and dump $5 million into remaking this place into a Class A only "luxury motorcoach resort".  :mad:

Also, Walmart is trying to buy the adjacent property on the south side of the park's entrance driveway but the town doesn't want them. Good for the town.

By the way, where is that major hill that you guys posted the pix of 4 wheelers trying to climb and descend?

Bummer. Is this a new owner? Or the one who bought it earlier in the year before the rally?

As for the Wal-Mart, the locals didn't want the McDonald's (or any other chain) when it went in either but there it is.

The park was sold just before the last RV Forum rally.  The manager assured me that the RV Forum reservations for next year would be  honored.  The plans are to work the field area first and that that will be full hookup sites and will  most likely be where we will be next year.

The Lyons back is the climb I suspect you are talking about.  Probably easier to get directions from most any local or the information center in Moab.

BruceinFL said:
Am in Moab this week staying at Portal RV Park. Manager told me the park has been sold. They are going to level the place and dump $5 million into remaking this place into a Class A only "luxury motorcoach resort".  :mad:

Also, Walmart is trying to buy the adjacent property on the south side of the park's entrance driveway

I met one of the new owners.  I can't give an opinion because my mother would make me wash my mouth out with soap.

I'm voting yes on the new Wal-Mart and I don't even like Wal-Mart.

Phil

Oh boy, there goes the Moab Rally, at least for us trailer trash. 

Howabout a switch to Capitol Reef?  That little park in Torrey was fairly decent.

That would be Lion's Back. It is on east edge of Moab on road up to a county park, past the recycling center.

Went out to see Lion's Back today. Not a soul there. The manager at Portal told me they will be starting construction in September back where the cabins are. They intend to keep part of the park open during the work.

Walmart is coming whether they like it or not. Still a possibility of it being on the property next door to the park (bad for traffic and the park) but more likely on the south part of town just over the county line. The locals are NOT happy.

Back
Top Bottom