Newsflash: Heavy rains deluge Phoenix area!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karl

Moderator Emeritus
Elkhart Lake, WI for the summer. Work at Road Amer
Last night the Lake Pleasant Regional Park, just north of Phoenix, suffered a devestating rainstorm which sent wild donkeys and coyotes scrambling for cover. Fellow campers and local residents alike struggled to secure awnings and stow lawn chairs, barbeque grills, and other personal items in a vain attempt to protect them from the ravages of this unexpected downpour. Some unidentified people were heard to exclaim "I'm not going out in this slop" and "We've been planning this family get-together for over a year, and now it's ruined."  When contacted, Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano said she would seek to have the area declared a disaster area and would apply for federal funds to help feed, clothe and relocate the thousands of people affected. She also said that many people were buying bottled water at a dizzying rate, "But they appear orderly, and I don't forsee having to call out the National Guard." "Looting has been at a minimum", she added.  Weather Service spokesman, Lester Agua Fria, said he had not seen anything like this in all his years of service and, because present equipment was unable to measure such a tremendous amount of water, could only estimate the severity of the storm. When quizzed, he reluctantly said: "Well, this is just a guess, but it had to be, uh, at least 31 drops of rain per square mile." Further details will be posted when they become available. 

See, you should have come to Lake Havasu :) ?We'll be sending some high winds your way tomorrow to dry you out.

LOL Karl!

We are west of the big P and didn't get any of those drops.  I was teased all day yesterday for washing and waxing the coach, because of the rain forecast.  I said don't count on it and I was right.

I get a guilty feeling enjoying this lovely weather.  I know they need rain really bad.  In a guilty way, part of the freedom of being a full timer is that if the drought gets past being pretty and turns ugly, I can move on.  I guess I am pretty awful to feel that way, but in the meantime I really love Arizona.  My only complaint is that Phoenix is growing too fast and the air quality is often poor.

Smoky you washed and waxed your coach before going to Quartzsite, BIG MISTAKE, with no rain for the last three or four months there will be plenty of dust to take care of that clean coach :D :D : ;D >: :(

LOL Karl you must be really bored at Lake Pleasant :D?

I washed and waxed this ole Pace Arrow 3 times over the summer and can't for the life of me tell any difference then before I started.  When I parked down the sreet from Smoky 2 weeks ago, this thing was filthy. So I made arrangements for the guy to come clean it up.  He said Jan 30  OK  So last week I thought man I can't wait that long and started to get the hose out and then Smokey and his wife talked my wife into coming to the Q.  That ended any thought of cleaning it.  Maybe on the 30th I'll get my $'s worth on that wash job, if he can find the MH under the dirt. If Smoky still has enery left when he gets back from the Q maybe he'll wax mine.  yeah  Right.
Karl, all that rain you got sure left a lot of dust here.

LOL Shane! 

BTW if you are going with us plan to leave at 10:30 am sharp on Thursday, Jan 19.  I'd like to get there before the afternoon crowds.  And what about golf tomorrow?  If I don't hear from you tonight, I will bang on your door in the morning.  :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom