No dash heat - can't see which fuse to check?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeworX

Hope no-one minds one more question this evening! I currently have no dash heat (blowing cold) and I am assuming (hoping) this is fuse related. I could not find one that specifically lists dash heat in the manual - any suggestions of what to check?

Mike

If its blowing then its probably not a fuse. The fan is the only thing that's electrical in the heat mode. There should be a vacuum operated valve that controls engine hot water to the heater located under the front hood area. Broken or leaking vacuum hose is usually the problem, but there is also a vacuum pump under there somewhere.

Good luck.

Yep Jerry is right. The usual place for a vacuum leak is at a small elbow on the connection of vacuum canister. In my 06' Meridian the canister was in the front generator panel on the left side. 

Check for broken or chewed vacuum hose as indicated by others.  I just encountered that issue; my furry critters had chewed through a hose  :mad:

Would anyone know where it's located in a Ford chassis? Or have a picture of it? I've gone through the manual but there's no mention of it that I can see...

Sorry,

Mine is a Chevy Express chassis but it up against the fire wall on the passenger side, foot level partially covered by the floor padding and mat,  in a plastic harness assembly.  Kinda wierd to me but service folks say it is possible for them to get to it from engine compartment.  Didn't chew anything else to my knowledge, so must taste good  ;D  I knew it wasn't a fuse because my blower was working; just nothing to control the various vent positions.  Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom