"No hassle price" LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drifterrider

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 12, 2017
Posts
155
darsben said:
MY favorite is " No credit application refused"

Businesses have used those techniques successfully because they know people don't read for content and context.  No credit application refused only means they will accept your application.  That is the end of the agreement.  Just think about the "documentation fees".  They have been around over 25 years because people are willing to pay instead of saying no.
 

catblaster

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Posts
2,703
Location
Kissimmee, Floriduh
  I was planing on upgrading to a newer model but used corvette, checked the stealerships and found one that I liked but when I got them on the phone their price was $3000 more. The explanation was that the internet price did not include a 3K adjustment.
  Stopped by another stealership, price was way out of line but when I got back and looked it up on the internet it was $4000 cheaper than what he quoted me in person  (with a trade-in).
  Guess I will just keep my older one.
 

Drifterrider

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 12, 2017
Posts
155
catblaster said:
  I was planing on upgrading to a newer model but used corvette, checked the stealerships and found one that I liked but when I got them on the phone their price was $3000 more. The explanation was that the internet price did not include a 3K adjustment.
  Stopped by another stealership, price was way out of line but when I got back and looked it up on the internet it was $4000 cheaper than what he quoted me in person  (with a trade-in).
  Guess I will just keep my older one.

It always will be.  You are unlikely to get a good price quote over the phone.

Print the page from the on line advertisement and go to the dealership with it.  OR, visit the dealership and take a look and test ride.  Then call the "internet sales person" (they have them) to make the deal. 
 

catblaster

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Posts
2,703
Location
Kissimmee, Floriduh
Drifterrider said:
It always will be.  You are unlikely to get a good price quote over the phone.

Print the page from the on line advertisement and go to the dealership with it.  OR, visit the dealership and take a look and test ride.  Then call the "internet sales person" (they have them) to make the deal.

The thing is the "internet" sales person was at the table but I'm sure he didnt want to open his mouth about a 4K lower price. I was walking on that deal anyway. the car only had 8K miles and the tires were almost to the bars....they finally admitted the man that bought it does it just for racing and then trades them back in. It looked like it had the dog pee run out of it.  If it looks too good to be true then it probably is !

 

Senator

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 14, 2014
Posts
244
Location
Eagan, MN
Drifterrider said:
It always will be.  You are unlikely to get a good price quote over the phone.

Print the page from the on line advertisement and go to the dealership with it.  OR, visit the dealership and take a look and test ride.  Then call the "internet sales person" (they have them) to make the deal.

I was able to get a pretty good price via email/phone for my fifth wheel.  I made the offer, and said I would be there the next day to pay for it.  After a bit of negotiations, it worked.  They took a credit card deposit to hold the deal for a day.
 

UTTransplant

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 20, 2014
Posts
3,203
Location
Cedar Falls, IA
Drifterrider said:
It always will be.  You are unlikely to get a good price quote over the phone.

Print the page from the on line advertisement and go to the dealership with it.  OR, visit the dealership and take a look and test ride.  Then call the "internet sales person" (they have them) to make the deal.
When we were buying our Grand Cherokee, DH found a good deal advertised at a local dealership. We went in, drove it, and said we?d buy. They came up with a price nearly $5K more! I pulled out the advertisement, said ?Match this.? They started saying ?Oh that price includes X,Y, and Z that you don?t qualify for.? I told them ?I don?t play games,? and got up to leave. Surprise, surprise, we bought it at the advertised price.

I really don?t play games.
 

Drifterrider

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 12, 2017
Posts
155
Senator said:
I was able to get a pretty good price via email/phone for my fifth wheel.  I made the offer, and said I would be there the next day to pay for it.  After a bit of negotiations, it worked.  They took a credit card deposit to hold the deal for a day.

Did you buy something sight unseen?
 

Oldgator73

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2017
Posts
4,378
Location
Dover, DE & Mouth of Wilson, VA
I got an email from our local Nissan dealer that they were offering 25% over Blue Book for tradei in?s. I was in the market for a new truck so I went down and drove one. Liked it and sat down with the salesman to hack out a deal. They asked for the keys for my trade in and the waiting game began. They came back with an offer on the trade that was well below the Blue Book. I explained the email and was told that deal only pertained to certain vehicles on the lot with a much higher MSRP. I said thank you very much and asked for my keys back. The sales manager wouldn?t give my keys back and got kind of nasty with me. He asked that age old question ?What will it take for you to drive that truck home today?? I said you give me the price I want for the truck and the trade in value I want for my car. Then he asked what kind of payment I wanted. Told him I don?t shop for payments. I told him I didn?t care what he offered me for the trade or what price he put on the truck as long the end result waste number I brought to them in the beginning. I got that number and then the sales manager just stood up and left. The sales person apologized. He was actually a very nice guy.
 
Top Bottom