No picnic table

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

The Admiral wants to know what folks here do when they pull into a campsite with no picnic table.  I don't worry about such things but this is a big issue with her.

We carry a couple sizes of folding tables, two of which are big enough to eat at and the others are small chairside tables.  And folding chairs, of course.    The larger tables get used from time to time, even when there is a table on the site.    Most likely, though, we would just eat inside if there were no table.  The small tables and folding chairs come out whenever we stop - it's part of the standard drill.

A fair number of people seldom eat  outside anyway.  It's one of the aspects of your RVing lifestyle that will likely change over time and you settle into a different routine.

We have a similar setup to Gary's with a couple of small folding tables, and one of those roll-up tables that forms a table good enough for eating a full meal at. We did add a 2'X4' folding table a year ago that gives a little more flexibility.

Also provides an opportunity to find a good local restaurant  ;D

David Derway

Smoky

We rarely eat outside the coach and rarely, if ever, use a CG table. When we went to Moab we took aiong one of the "Costco" large folding tables for use at the pot luck (not for eating at). It was stored in the back of the Burb with all kinds of stuff on top of it. We definitely won't be making a habit of carrying it along. OTOH we have a small version of the same table that is easy to store, and I figured we'll be taking it along in future, mainly for when undesirable guests show up that we don't want in the coach. Nah, just kidding - we haven't come across any undesirables in this group, ecept for maybe ......

We have carried a foldable wooden picnick table that fits in a bay.  We haven't eaten at that table in I don't know how long.  It usually gets used for potliucks.  Sam's club and Costco sometimes carry smaller tables that would fit nicely in a bay.  Maybe alongside the ironing board. ;D ;D

I think a better solution would be to have an ajustable-height ironing board with a fold-down leaf that could double as an outdoor dining table  :)

Good one Tom!? I will make sure the Admiral reads your message last. <g>

We really do plan to do a lot of outdoor cooking.? Actually I am a little surprised since you all spend so much time in the great outdoors.? I would have though that several times a week ya'll would be firing up a barbeque and enjoying the ambiance of nature.? Is there something about this lurking around the corner that we don't know about?? ?:eek:

Buy a CRV as a toad. The rear floor is a folding table.

Smoky,

I think we cook outside about as often as we did when strapped down to the stick house.  I can tell you why, guess its just because we are too busy enjoying life. ;D ;D

We cook/BBQ outdoors Smoky, but mostly eat inside.

Smoky,

Smoky said:
We really do plan to do a lot of outdoor cooking.  Actually I am a little surprised since you all spend so much time in the great outdoors.  I would have though that several times a week ya'll would be firing up a barbeque and enjoying the ambiance of nature.  Is there something about this lurking around the corner that we don't know about?  :eek:

No big secrets as far as I know  ;D .  We all barbecue outsside sometimes but from my observations it appears that those who eat outside are mostly vacationers who want to squeeze the last drop of enjoyment out of their time on the road.  To the rest of us full timers the coach is our "house" and we dine in at our dinner table just like you do at home now.  Betty and I are late diners.  It's usually at least 6:30 and sometimes 7:00 ti 8:00PM when we have dinner.

Smokey, if you have a little woodworking ability you could make one of these from one sheet of 3/4" plywood.

http://www.robertwinters.com/picnic_table.htm

Smoky said:
The Admiral wants to know what folks here do when they pull into a campsite with no picnic table.

Smoky,

Just ask for a list of local restaurants when you check in. 

A picnic table is not required for happy hour and who wants to eat with the bugs anyway.  ;D

Phil

Tom

Eating inside is nice. During the summer when it's lobser time dinner is cooked outside and eaten outside. I guess the closest you guys on the west coast come to lobster is snow crab or dungness crab. Any way cooking or eating it's almost unavoidable to containg the juices, which is why we do it outside.

Nelson

We bought a nice alum table that rolls up into a bag.  We use this regularly, the place we go to the most has no tables at all.  We eat in or out depending on mood, weather, time of day and skeeters.  Do most of my cooking outside, just cuz I like being outside.  I also have a great outdoor stove.  Grill of course is outside. 

I've seen those roll-up tables Bill - very neat. Do you know if they also make a roll-up ironing board?

Sure would Ron. Wanna start a new business venture? OTOH it might be easier to convert Smoky's wardrobe to wash & wear.

Back
Top Bottom