No rear lights on class c, no runni g lights, unless plugged into shore B power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wpbyrns

I have a 93 E 350 class c honorbuilt motorhome, winterized it after a trip to PA. I recently replaced a propane hot water heater which works fine. The rig was plugged into shore power, every light worked fine when parked in Sept. Try to get it going this spring I have no rear lights,(tail,brake ,signal ect) unless plugged into shore power , checked fuses under dash and hood all good, not sure if inverter would be the problem,

Yup. Dead chassis battery. Check to see if you have head lights, wipers, horn etc when NOT plugged in.

I have headlights and wipers and starts right up, checked fuses and breakers without being plugged in, could it be the chassis battery is not good, bought it last year

Probably not the chassis battery. If it starts and other lights working.

What could be preventing power to the rear from the chassis battery but allowing power to get there from the charger? Hmmmmmm

Cannot think of anything. Hopefully another member will offer some possibilities. You indicated it is a 1993. Lots of things could have been changed or modified.

What could be preventing power to the rear from the chassis battery but allowing power to get there from the charger? Hmmmmmm
That's my thoughts, hmmmm everything works plugged in but not to the rear of the rig when I unplugged it

It starts right up, also have headlights dash lights wipers horn. Plugg into house everything works, battery fully charged

That's my thoughts, hmmmm everything works plugged in but not to the rear of the rig when I unplugged it
When you are plugged into shore power, current is going thru your converter to the battery. This is probably enough to start the motor, but not enough when unplugging. Also not enough to power lights.

Converter bad? Checked all fuses and wires to the rear checked good!

When you are plugged into shore power, current is going thru your converter to the battery. This is probably enough to start the motor, but not enough when unplugging. Also not enough to power lights.
Battery checked out good, what about the switch for house to chassis, could it be bad , and what is the correct name of that part.

If have a Ford chassis, there are fuses for the parts that were built by the motorhome factory which are labeled "body builder" and some item. I had that very thing with our Ford chassis class A and it turned out to be 1 body builder fuse, but I don't remember the complete name. Check all of the body builder labeled fuses.

Are those body builder fuses like breaker buzz fuses with 2 post on them, that was my next move I have found 2 one on the fire wall and one next to the brake disconnect switch. Thanks for your input

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom