NO WATER PRESSURE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeverden

Yesterday, while out at a park (Without hookups) We lost water pressure.  In the kitchen no more than a dribble comes out.  The bathroom is a liittle better, but not much.  The pump works fine when I push on the button inside of the city water hook-up from the outside.  I am puzzled...  Any suggestions??

There is lots of water, the shut-off valve is on and there is no city water bypass.  It worked fine the first day, then the pressure quit.

Jay 

Jay,

Do you have a valve to change from City Water to Tank Fill??

If so make sure this valve is in the correct position.

ken

No valve.  Tried blowing air through sink water hoses back; no luck.  Pump is really tight to work on too.
:mad:
City water hook-ups work fine, so that tells me it is not plugged beyond the pump.

Suppose I will have to take it in. $150 / hr - I just hope they can find the problem.
These things always happen when we are going away next weekend.

Any more ideas??

Thanks

Jay

Disconnect your city water hose from the rig and inspect the screen washer in the inlet.

If you have an in-line water filter, inspect it as well... Mine needs cleaning just now

If it works with the city water connected then likely it is the pump or pump filter.  Check the filter first.  Pumps are sometimes a little bit of a challange to get to but it would be worth a try.

jay,
The pump works fine when I push on the button inside of the city water hook-up from the outside.
Does the pump shut off again when you release the button (switch)? Have you tried the switches inside the MH near the kitchen or bathroom sink. Does the pump run and then shut off if you release the switch? If so, the latching relay, used to keep the pump running, is not latching up as it should. It will be a small rectangular unit mounted close to the water pump, with several wires connected to it.

Jay,

I agree with Karl that it could be the latching relay. I replaced mine recently. I found that mine was not near the pump, but rather over the front door with one of the many pump switches any gauges.

Ken

Good point Ken. It should be near the pump but could be almost anywhere. Have one person operate the switch off and on and the other person listen for a small clicking noise while moving about the MH. It won't be very loud, and you'll have to leave one faucet open so it calls for the pump to run.

That's how we found our pump relay.  It was located next to the 12VDC fuse panel in a cabinet and is labeled Radio Switch Monoplex.  You don't need to leave a faucet open as the relay will switch on/off independent of the call for water.  In fact, the pump running may mask the sound of the relay switching.

You don't need to leave a faucet open as the relay will switch on/off independent of the call for water.  In fact, the pump running may mask the sound of the relay switching.
True, but if you leave one faucet slightly open and one or more (but not all) switches gets the pump to running, you've pretty much eliminated the latching relay and should be looking for a wiring problem or blown fuse. All switches not working? Look at wiring, fuse, or relay.

I was just referring to locating the relay.  If any switch activates the pump, then the relay and fuses are ok and there is a wiring problem from the non-functioning switch(es).  The original message said the pump ran when activated from the switch in the outside bay.  If so, that would rule out the relay controller and that switch.

Well, I tried everything that you were all telling me to try.  THANKS ALOT EVERYONE! 

I can't tell you how many times this forum has helped me as a new RV owner.
So, after trying everything, I had my father-in-law over for dinner and he pulled out the pump from a really tiny hole in the rear of the unit.  I bought a new pump and after a few choice four letter words, he got it back in and connected. 

Never have we had such nice pressure without being on city water.  It is a 45 psi pump the same as we replaced.  What a dumb place to put the pump though.  In the very back basement compartment (Driver's side, there is a small 9" hole.

The next RV I buy will have a pump easy to get at, that is for sure.  We have a 99 FOURWINDS Windsport 30Q
I like the rig but who the heck designed the pump area and the water hook-up is above the electric connection.

Funny, but thanks again for all of the suggestions.  It really helped.  People actually think I know what I am talking about when it comes to RVs

Jay

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Traveler100
Back
Top Bottom