No Water Pressure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Problem solved !!

I removed the water filter and rescrewed the filter holder back in place.

Turned the taps and an EXCELLENT flow.

Now my "problem" is this......

The filter didnt have any "crud" on it at all - and I only purchased it in October.

Could it just be that by removing the filter, the extra water pressure pushed thru something that was blocking a pipe ?

Do I give this filter a clean and re-insert into the system ?

Paul

I should add to this story.....

I telephoned 3 pretty large RV dealerships in the area, and NONE of their service guys had an answer - other than "it could be blocked"

I left a message with a mobile repair guy - and he called me back (after the fix) and immediately asked if I had removed the filter.

But praise must go on this occassion, to the lady at Fleetwood Owner Relations - who (after first ensuring the outside shower was turned off) suggested removing the filter.

So, well done Fleetwood.

Bet you would never expect me to say that would you  ;D

Paul

The filter must be in the common line for both city and onboard water.  If you see a reduced flow, then it's time to replace it, but since it's less than 2 months old, it should still be ok to use.  There may be a check valve in the system that was stuck closed and R&Ring the filter knocked it loose.

It sounds like it's a known problem by Fleetwood.

Bleach will mess up a filter.  They are designed to take chlorine out of the water so that may have been it  Never considered a filter, my rig has none

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I decided it was a good idea to fill and empty the fresh tank a few times.

Just imagine the scene - I put the hose into the gravity feed fill hole and walk around the RV and turn on the tap.

The hose falls out of the fill hole and I have to pick it up with water shooting out.

A bit of quick thinking and I folded the hose in two, to stop the flow, whilst putting the end back into the gravity fill hole.

Let go of the hose and got soaked as the end wasnt in the hole properly.

So, I pushed the hose in a little further and was able to do several required fills.

At the end, I turned off the tap and went to take out the hose.....

......yep - I pushed it into the tank earlier and it now wont come out again !!!

It wouldnt be so bad except there is a group of people sat outside the RV behind us, so Ive had to scurry back inside and will have to wait for them to go before I start fighting with the hose/hole.

Paul

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

UPDATE : I sent Ann-Marie out to do it.  ;D

You have to get together with Joe Lacey :)  You're trials and tribulations are beginning to rival his.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom