NOAA Alarm going off--even when camper parked in driveway after using TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanglemoose

We have a Dutchman Kodiak 200Q (200 something)... have had for 2 years, it is 2012... never used TV until just our last camping trip. Of course had problems getting movie to start, etc... but NOW  the radio is turning on by itself, every hour or less.. and the NOAA alarm system with weather in the area is blasting out of camper, parked in our driveway at 3 am no less...

Not sure why this is happening... I go out and shut it off, off course it won't go off all the way as it runs off the battery juice... It is the Touch Audio  Touch Panel DVD Receiver System VD-300i

Anyone else have this problem... Directions are poor at best. Says how to turn ON the weather band, but how to you turn OFF notifications?  Says At an time, if you want to stop the WB, you can touch stop pad to stop it temporarily." It never came on before we tried the TV. I am thinking I pushed some button...

Any suggetins would be greatly appreciated!

Donna

Generally you turn it OFF the same way you turn it ON,, HOwever alarms are at the designation of NOAA, they turn the alarm on ,,, It might be designed so you can not turn that off.. Not sure.

Me,,, I can remove all power from my NOAA alert box if I have to.

Our Jensen radio/DVD combo would randomly start up and it turned out that the alarm had somehow gotten set. Maybe you have the same situation - the alarm is set and the radio is on the NOAA station?

I also have a Jensen radio/DVD player. Got the rig last summer. The first time using it, at 1:00 o'clock I the morning, the radio turned on by itself and it was loud. Luckily all the windows were closed and the outside speakers were off. Apparently someone playing with the radio had set the alarm for it to go off and didn't know it. What a way to wake up.

When you have the NOAA alert feature included it doesn't seem to have an easy way to turn that feature off. It seems the easiest way to me would be to simply install a toggle switch on the ground lead right next to the radio so you don't have to worry about it. Then when you want it to work flip the switch on again.
Here is a post with other ways also, have a look at #9 if that works better for you:
http://www.heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/15772-Touch-Audio-dvd-player-stereo-How-to-turn-Noaa-weather-radio-off

turning off the radio is not easy.. It would not power on this week, took fuse out and sparked when putting back in. So, unplugged the electrical from the RV.. and still did it... Discovered I had to disconnect the battery to have the radio system OFF... This is not good, as you need your battery connected... I turned the NOAA off according to the directions and it has stayed OFF so far, but, I have not turned on the radio/Ipod... afraid to. I am thinking there were some weather warnings, oh... 200 miles away and it was broadcasting those! Thanks, Everyone, so enjoy this forum!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom