Norcold Refrigerator N611LT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bitsydad

I have a 2016 Jayco Jayflight with the N611LT refrigerator in it. The unit gets condensation across the top of the door and drips every time you open it. I tried to use the travel locks to hold it closed a little tighter and they do not work. The striker plate is cut the wrong way from the latch to allow the travel lock to go in the slot, Is there a fix for this problem? I looked up the 618167 striker for this unit and it looks just like the one that is in it. I know the fridge is probably out of warranty, but I still need to fix it. The door actually lacks about 1/4" going closed tight and there is no adjustment in this striker.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You

Sounds like two problems: (1) door doesn't close fully and (2) travel lock won't engage.  #1 needs more investigation to determine the cause, e.g. hinges or something interfering.  A 1/4" gap is a lot and whatever prevents full closing ought to be readily observable.  Or maybe the rubber seal is collapsed and not filling the gap as it should?

#2 is hard to figure as well. That's the right latch and it works for others, so maybe yours is installed wrong?  Maybe either the latch or the striker has to be reversed when the door is changed from left side to right side opening? I don't see anything in the N611 Op Manual about door changes, though.

I've found this fellow, who specializes in Norcold parts, to be very helpful on this sort of thing. You can ask him about the latch & striker via his website:
http://thenorcoldguy.com/norcold-strike-plate-door-latch-618167-fits-many-models/

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom