Norcold refrigerator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danandcarol

Recently purchased a used t/t with a Norcold refrigerator.  It is currently parked in the yard, hooked up to electric and running on that.  It is flashing a C-2 code; however, it is still very cold.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem with it might be?  The only thing the book tells me is "Fault within refrigerator controls".  Could it possibly be a fuse? ???

>> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem with it might be?<<

Try removing all power from it for a couple of minutes via the battery disconnect switch if you have one or remove neg cable from the battery.? I helped a person with the this problem at QZ & when the power was reapplied the code was gone & didn't return.

All the "C" fault codes indicate a problem in the reefer control board or circuits. If yours is getting too cold regardless of the setting, it would indicate a problem with the temperature sensing thermistor. Sorry, but I don't know where it is located. Perhaps a call to Norcold tech support is in order.

I just looked up the C2 code in the service manual and it says that it indicates a problem with the electric heating element.

1) Check ac fuse or circuit breaker. Replace fuse or reset circuit breaker, if open.

2) Check ac power source to the refrigerator outlet. Voltage should be between 108 & 132V.

3) Check the ac power supply at the circuit board.

4) Check the ac fuse on the refrigerator circuit board and replace if failed.

If you replace the ac fuse on the citcuit board and it opens again, disconnect the heating element and check it with a meter to see if it might be shorted, or shorted to ground. It will not be open as that would cause a C6 error code.

Thanks to Terry, Karl, and Kirk for all your help.  We tried cutting everything off, and checked all fuses and breakers; took cover off the circuit board, checked AC fuse (was okay); took wires loose from board, unplugged refrig, reinstalled everything, plugged back up, and the codes are now gone and it is working fine.  We still don't know exactly where the problem was, but thanks again!!!

Back
Top Bottom