North America Travel Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve CDN

Here is a list of toll free numbers and websites of tourist information offices for all States, Provinces and Mexico.

If there are any updates or corrections, please hit the REPLY button and advise us any changes so the file can be updated.

Attachments

• NA_TRAV.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 492
I cannot speak for Western Canada destinations because I don't have RV travel experience in that part of our Country.  However I would propose Banff, Lake Louise and the Rockies based on the reports of others.  In Eastern Canada, it would be the a trip from Ottawa to Montreal, Quebec City through the Gaspe Pinnninsula and on to the Maritimes including Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and St. Andrews by the Sea, New Brunswick.  If you have the time and want to spend the money on the ferry, then a trip to Newfoundland can be included.

It's more than a top 3 list, but if you are planning a trip, that's the way I woud do it.

If you need a more concentrated version of the above, give me an idea of what part of the Country you want to visit and at what time of year.

Any recommendations for campgrounds in the Southern Adirondack area?  Near Caroga Lake or Mayfield?  We would like to visit the Adirondacks but also Cooperstown from 1 location.

harley man said:
I belong to, overnightrvparking.com, not campsites but full of info on sites to supply temp.  parking for the weary.

Subscribe to OvernightRVParking.com for only $17.95/year

Talk me into it.  I suspect it's worth the $18.......

Darin said:
Talk me into it.  I suspect it's worth the $18.......

It is the best $18 I have spent. Reports are very accurate and if you submit an update they extend your subscription for two weeks.

Herkimer KOA is VERY nice, and close to the southern entrance to the Adirondack Park.

There is ONE (that I know of) RV park in the central Adirondack Park that has hookups and it is in the town of Long Lake (http://www.hossscountrycorner.com/).

We stayed there a few days this summer and drove south about 20 miles to spend the day at the Museum of the Adirondacks in Blue Mountain Lake.  WONDERFUL PLACE!  :) :)

Loved it!
Ron

We are headed to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia in our 35' Newmar Kountry Star 5'er.  Any suggestions of excellent, quiet campgrounds would be greatly appreciated.  A special interest is flyfishing, either fresh or sal****er, tend to like to be near ocean, but glad for all recommendations. Oh!  and does anyone know whether the Canadian National Park campgrounds that claim to have hookups and be RV friendly truly are?

If you are truly into fly fishing, look at sites on the Miramichi which boasts some of the best Atlantic Salmon sports fishing.  However, I believe that if you are not a New Brunswicker, you will need to hire a guide to get on the river, but there are lots of them and many hve websites, just google search them.  As an alternative, there are nice sites and rivers in the Highlands of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia.
    As for National Parks with electricity, I think both Fundy Park, near Moncton and Kouchibiguac not too far from Miramichi have modern facilities, including hook ups.

Nova Scotia, 30 miles S of Halifax and 2 miles NW of Peggy's Cove is King Neptune Campground right on the ocean in a pleasant cove with a magnificent view and a lobster pound next door.

Edit Spelling typo/

Has anyone stayed at the Santiago Event Center in Orange County, California?  We are looking for a place to stay near there in November 2012 for a week or two.  Thanks  Alan

The Okanagan valley in British Columbia is a great place to visit. I've stayed in campgrounds in Oliver BC and Osoyoos BC....good central locations to tour the entire area....lots of wineries and roadside stands selling local fruit and vegetables in summer. Western Saskatchewan.....Fort Walsh and Cypress Lake Provincial Park....stay in the small town of Maple Creek Sask. Calgary Stampede.....several campgrounds in the Calgary area to choose from. Bridal Falls Camperland RV Park at Rosedale BC, east of Vancouver....good central location for exploring Vancouver and surrounding area. There are also campgrounds on the Washington side near Blaine WA that are close to Vancouver and Seattle areas.

We are going to the Okanagan area in next week. How is the HWY 3 from Hope over to Kelowna? Is it RV friendly? Looks kind of mountainous.

Steve said:
I cannot speak for Western Canada destinations because I don't have RV travel experience in that part of our Country.  However I would propose Banff, Lake Louise and the Rockies based on the reports of others.  In Eastern Canada, it would be the a trip from Ottawa to Montreal, Quebec City through the Gaspe Pinnninsula and on to the Maritimes including Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and St. Andrews by the Sea, New Brunswick.  If you have the time and want to spend the money on the ferry, then a trip to Newfoundland can be included.

It's more than a top 3 list, but if you are planning a trip, that's the way I woud do it.

If you need a more concentrated version of the above, give me an idea of what part of the Country you want to visit and at what time of year.

I highly reccomend staying out of Quebec entirely as they .hate engish speaking people and its worse now since the new premier has really rilled up the population with her rehtoric about french only sign law being strongly reenforced etc

You responded to a 6 year old.message, but I believe Steve is very familiar with Quebec.

Tom ... his post is .... inaccurate.  His comments would be similar to advising people to stay out of Arizona because of their "proof of citizenship law".  There is little doubt that it can be frustrating at times trying to understand the French signs, or even the universal no language signs.  But Quebeckers are amongst the friendliest cultures in the world.  I would ask anyone who wants independent opinions to go to our trip logs of the many framily who have posted about their trips.  Unfortunately, we too have people who wear their politics on their sleeves, which leads to intolerant comments.  This is a friendly place, and I have been in Quebec hundreds of times, with and without our various RV, and do not share the previous poster's comments.

Ed 

Admin edit: Removed potentially inflamatory comment; Fixed tag.

Understood Ed. OTOH we've seen our share of reports of anti-social reactions to folks who don't/can't speak the local language. I suspect it's a relatively small number of (anti-social) individuals in each case, although I know it caused us to leave the province prematurely, and skip part of our planned route. There was a marked difference in reception when I dug deep to recall school French. I've talked in person with 'locals' who told me "it's widespread, and they even react that way towards us".

FWIW I was somewhat aware of it, having spent a number of years doing business in France, but Q was IMO way OTT.

Back
Top Bottom