North Arkansas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanteMc

For Labor Day weekend, I'm getting a trailer to put my motorcycle in and take it on some trail rides.  Close to me where it is not supposed to rain is North Arkansas.  I had someone mention Mountain Home area.  Any recommendations on nice parks in the area?  I thought about boondocking in Walmarts over the weekend but would not mind spending one night/day in a park.

Thanks!

---
1995 Travelmaster Montego 280XS

We spent a few days at an RV park in Eureka Springs a couple of weeks ago, it was nice, and reasonably priced.  Hwy 62 is a bit twisty though, not too bad if you are coming in from the east, but once you get west of Eureka Springs there are a few sharp switch backs and several miles where you will be driving slow in an RV.  We stayed at the Green Tree RV park, cabins and love shacks https://www.eurekaspringslodge.com/ don't let the name scare you off.

My home base is Mountain View, which is about 50 miles south of Mountain Home.  There's lots of good camping around both Bull Shoals Lake and Lake Norfork near Mountain Home. 
My favorite spots are the dam site campground at Lake Norfork, near Salesville and Buffalo Point, on the Buffalo River south of Yellville on off Hwy 14.
If you like folk/bluegrass music played live on the square, travel south to Mountain View.  My favorite spot there is Sylamore Creek Camp at the intersection of Hwy's 5 and 9 and 14.
Any road in Arkansas that's north of I-40 and west of Hwy 67 is a motorcycle road.  The best of the bunch is Hwy 341 between Norfork and Big Flat.  Motorcycleroads.com rates it higher than the Dragon, and you don't have the huge traffic volume to deal with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom